CHAPTER 27

I decided to visit the southern palace myself.

I'm going to thank Heinley for the gift and check up on him

I hope he's not actually crying or something

"Oh my!Your majesty!"

McKenna called on to me and he was astonished when he saw me

He already know about my relationship with Heinley

I'm sure he will be discreet about it since our reputations are on the line

But I should also be discreet on my side and to guard myself from others

"I came here to tell Prince Heinley something.Is he in?"

"It is a good thing you came,your majesty.I was worried about his highness as he came back out of himself"

"Prince Heinley was out of himself ?"

"Oh,no,no.I meant the b-bird!The naughty little bird that belongs to his highness"

Mckenna then hurriedly knocked on the tightly closed door and shouted.

"Your highness,her majesty wishes to see you"

About three seconds passed. I thought I heard a loud noise from inside, perhaps something like falling furniture, but then it was silent. I looked at McKenna to see if everything was alright, but it seemed unperturbed by the loud noise coming from the room. A few minutes later, the knight opened the door after a signal that it was okay to come in from the inside.

"Let her in"

I slowly entered the room, curious to what that was all about. Prince Heinley's room was clearly of the southern palace, yet it was somehow unfamiliar. His scent lingered faintly in the air, and there were unusual items scattered here and there. Prince Heinley, standing in the middle of the room, was the most familiar thing in this strange space.

He's a mess

Why was he even freaking out?

"I apologize for making you wait,your majesty.I was in the middle of something"

As I quickly looked around the room and stared at him, the prince smiled and kissed me on my hand before stepping back.

It looked like he had hastily thrown on his clothes. He usually had nary a wrinkle on his carefully selected attire, but he looked rather rumpled at the moment. I could see his skin peeking through the loose buttons of his shirt, but it would be awkward if I pointed it out. It wasn't like there weren't people that wore their shirts like that.

Well that's quite the sight to look at

I'm not complaining

I'd rather have this view everyday

"Did you receive the cake?"

I turned my eyes on the prince's face and composed myself

"Ah,I did.I came to say thank you.Did you really bake it yourself?"

"Yes.Cooking and baking are my hobbies.I even have my own kitchen in my palace.Are you a good cook? Would you like a cup of tea?"

"I've never tried...so I suppose I must be a bad cook"

"They say a good cook and a bad cook are a match made in heaven.So it seems your majesty and I are a good match "

"Really?Then I guess you wouldn't mind cooking for me then?"

Since he's flirting with me,I might as well humor him

"Ofcourse,I can cook anything your majesty wants"

"I look forward to you cooking for me someday"

Not me hinting that he and my Empress will be together someday and he'd be always cooking for her and even feeding her

"Anyways,I wanted to see how Queen was doing...He was frantic when he left"

"I'm afraid Queen is out hunting.He was frantic a little when he returned,but he was fine soon after"

"Is that so?"

They really need to work on their excuses and cover ups

"Then that is a relief.I must get going now"

I turned and glanced towards the entrance as a signal that I wanted to leave

"My Queen"

Prince Heinley called out to me that made halt and turn to him

"How did you like my gift?"

"It was a nice gift.Thank you"

"Are you perhaps interested in jewels,my Queen?"

It's completely different from the original

Is that what came off from my reaction to his gift?

"Yes.Im quite fascinated with precious stones"

"The Western Empire exports a lot of gems and since most of the mines are owned by the crown,I hope you wont feel uncomfortable coming forward to me about them"

I nodded, and the prince smiled and placed one hand on his chest.

"I think I understand why people get the wrong impression that you are a womanizer "

"I beg your pardon?"

"It's probably because you are so warm-hearted and thoughtful "

"I'm not a womanizer,your majesty.Those rumors are all because of my friend.He is the real womanizer "

"Are you talking about Duke Ergi?"

"So you know about him?"

How can I not?

That guy played everyone in the story

And really,Is there any noble who hadn't heard rumors of the two of them?

And anyone in the palace would know about his association with that woman since he often accompanied and spent more time with her than the one that's supposed to be his close friend

Prince Heinley's expression subtly shifted.

"Your majesty,I actually have a favor to ask of you.Please make sure you don't catch Duke Ergi's eye"

"What's the reason?"

I completely know why but I still want to hear about it from Heinley

"All the women that have been linked to him end up facing some kind of misfortune.Sometimes I wonder if he's cursed.It would be best if your majesty avoided getting involved with him,but you are so captivating even when you aren't doing anything "

That's an interesting form of flattery

I smiled, but Prince Heinley lowered himself slightly so that his brilliant purple eyes were level with me.

"But I do mean it.Please bear what I said in mind.Please refrain from looking this beautiful infront of him"

He's so serious it's almost adorable

I'll just let him be

As dangerous as Duke Ergi is,he's still useful

And plus...

I have more important things to worry about

I need to prepare myself for the most dreadful week of my life

And yet this is just the beginning