CHAPTER 23

After parting from Prince Heinley, I stopped by the library and researched all I could on the country of Luipt and the Hwa continent. Although Grand Duke Kaufman had described The Travelogue as a delusional account, it was still the most well-known book on the country.

Despite my knowledge of the story I barely know anything about his country and culture so I wanted to broaden my knowledge on the Luipt culture as much as possible.

But I do wish I had a book with more details...

There was then a tapping noise from the window.

It was Queen. I opened the window and he hopped onto the sill, displaying his wings. I noticed he wore a handkerchief around his neck.

So cute!

"Hello Queen!Are you here to give me my handkerchief back?Did Prince Heinley tie it on you?"

He's so cuteeee!

Queen blinked at me with his gorgeous violet eyes. I couldn't resist them, and I smothered his head with kisses one after another.

"What a pretty bird you are,Queen.You look so dashing with that handkerchief around your neck"

"Coo!"

I hugged Queen and as I petted his back I thought, Queen smells good. What kind of thought was that? I put my nose to his shoulder and inhaled.

I couldn't help saying it even when I knew it would make him flustered...

"Queen,you smell like Prince Heinley..."

Queen unfolded his wings in shock. Then he covered his beak with his wings and opened his eyes wide.

"...Queen?"

I playfully called out to him, but Queen trembled and hopped back towards the window.

"Queen?!"

He flyed away all flustered and red

I shouldn't really be surprised

I did expect this to happen

But he did looked so cute...

*
*
*

"Your majesty, have you heard?Duke Ergi Claude arrived at the palace today-"

"I'm sure her majesty is already aware of this,Laura"

"Does her majesty also know who the duke was with all day?"

Oh...

Duke Ergi...

Well that's a complicated character

He's the one who helped and set up Rashta for failure other than that piece of shit

But even I know why he really did it

That guys a ticking time bomb

It's hard to tell what he'd do or which side he's on cause he's constantly switching

Must be really fun to be him cause he get to see both sides of the fights

Well he does help my Empress to be with Heinley so I won't be hostile with him

Maybe I can even have fun and use him when the time comes

I won't have any problems as long as he stays the same way that he is in the original.

Plus...I love how much he ruined that bastards life and fucked with his brain so much

I might as well make him an ally against that imbecile