CHAPTER 18

I wanted to prove my point but I gave a relieved sigh. He probably thought of me as pathetic.

This is why I know he's difficult to deal with

He's so serious and proud

Well he does have good looks and manners to make up for it

"My Queen"

There was a low voice from behind me. As soon as I turned my head, I found Prince Heinley right before me.

"Ah,Prince Heinley.Are you enjoying the-"

Before I could ask him how he was, he spoke again.

"I'd like to discuss something with you,if I may"

Prince Heinley's expression was both serious and sad. He didn't have his usual smile or proud bearing.

Is he sad he can't reveal who his penpal is?It has to be this way so it would be less embarrassing for the both of us

I nodded for him to speak.

"I read your majesty's letter.I understand you would like to confine our letters"

"Did you know that it was me you were exchanging letters with?"

"Please don't be alarmed, your majesty. It wasn't a slip-up on your part."

"Then how?"

"Both Lady Rashta and her servant Cherini knew the contents of the first few letters.So I guessed that perhaps somebody who knew the contents of only the first few letters...had informed Lady Rashta and her servant.I heard that one of your ladies-in-waiting... recently started serving Lady Rashta"

I gave him a smile

"You are exceedingly intelligent.I look forward to spending more time with you, Prince Heinley.I hope we can be real friends from now on"

Heinley beamed at me and suddenly had a warm expression on his face

"Do you have something more to say?"

"To be honest,I don't have a lot of friends I can open up to.Since I'm popular,I have a lot of friends...and I'm always surrounded by people,you may think that I never feel lonely.As a prince of the Western Kingdom and next in line to the throne,there is no one I can truly open up to...because I must always be mindful of how other people see me"

He's the exact same of my Empress.Since she was crown princess from an early age.Both of them had to put on an act for their entire lives and had no one to confide into.

No wonder my Empress sympathized with everything he said.

"That's why I was happy I had the opportunity to share my thoughts with you freely,not as a prince but as myself. Since your majesty feels comfortable speaking to someone of my title,I looked forward to it even more.So I am relieved that you are willing to be friends and to be speaking face to face with me,My Queen"

"I understand what you feel, Prince Heinley.I have felt the same way for the longest time.It seems we relate and understand each other more than I thought.And your right,speaking face to face will prove to be even more enjoyable "

Heinley leaned towards my ears and whispered at me

"I can even call Sovieshu a son of a bitch if that would help"

I laughed when Prince Heinley tossed all dignity out of the window. Everyone stared at me as I stiffled my laugh, and Prince Heinley lowered his voice once again and whispered, "Sovieshu is a son of a bitch."

Prince Heinley raised his eyebrows and gave a silly grin.

"There is nothing more funny than watching someone suppress a laugh. Just laugh if you want to. "

"Maybe when it is just the two of us again.Then I will laugh to my heart's content"

Prince Heinley gave a sweet smile and grabbed two champagne's then handed me the other one

I grabbed it and he proposed a toast

"I am delighted at our new friendship,your majesty.I too look forward to spending more time with you."

He raised his glass towards me and I cheered my glass with his.

"To our new friendship,My Queen"

I smiled and reciprocated his toast

"To our new friendship,Prince Heinley"