CHAPTER 21

The next day, I left my room as soon as I finished breakfast to see Prince Heinley. I couldn't visit his room, but I would likely run into him around the southern palace.

I need to ask him about Queen or perhaps check up on him

However, as soon as I left the palace, I discovered Prince Heinley leaning against a pillar and staring at the building.

"Prince Heinley."

He turned to me, omitting the greeting bow and immediately speaking.

"I didn't give you a proper answer last time.Queen never,ever eats anything thats alive"

"Then should I have the insects cooked?"

"No.He doesn't eat insects at all"

"He doesn't like insects?Then what should I feed him?"

"Just give him a gentle pat on the head. That's good enough for him."

I made a skeptical expression, and he looked at me imploringly.

"Im sorry,but the birds of the Western Empire are picky eaters..."

"That's quite alright. I did hear that in some cases,some people train birds to only accept food from their owner "

"That's not the case here...but I'm sorry nonetheless."

He sighed and raked his hand through his blond hair.

"It's just that...Queen has a lot of restrictions "

I might as well back down on this one.It is my fault for making fun of him.Im probably putting him in a tight spot

"Anyway,it's my Queen's birthday soon, isn't it?"

"It's Queen's birthday?"

Prince Heinley burst out laughing, then corrected himself.

"Your majesty's birthday is coming up soon,isn't it?"

"You knew?"

"Ofcourse,since I am your majesty's closest friend.The reason I stayed behind even after the ceremony was over was because I wanted to spend that day with you.Didnt you realize? "

Before I could answer, I heard a rustling sound. Instead of answering Prince Heinley, I looked around and spotted someone I didn't want to see.

It was the bastard. Other than a single knight, he was walking alone. The asshole's gaze landed on me and Prince Heinley.

"Empress."

The prick called out to me in a stern voice and frowned.

"Were you spending time with him?"

"Yes.Obviously"

I offered him the bluntest reply, and the crease on his forehead grew deeper.

"Prince Heinley. How long do you plan to stay here?"

Prince Heinley replied with a broad smile, even though he had an argument with the buffon only a few days ago.

"I was thinking of staying for another two to three weeks, your majesty."

"Isn't that a long time to be away? I heard that the Emperor is in poor health."

"Thank you for your concern."

Prince Heinley responded with a simple smile and said nothing more. A strained silence reigned over the group.

I didn't bother to excuse myself as I turned around to leave