CHAPTER 14

The second day of the new years day ceremony.

I'm supposed to be wearing a red dress but this time I wore the blue silks that I received from the Grand Duke Rylan Roth.Mainly to show the irony that is happening now in this life.

I was not obligated to stand with the   shitbag to the banquet on the second day, so I relaxed a little as I went to the banquet hall myself. There were many noblewomen there, including Countess Eliza and Laura, and Princess Soju from the Southern Kingdom. Princess Soju was the typical southerner ideal, sweet and generous and a skilled conversationalist. Everyone’s attention was drawn to what she said, when she suddenly looked over her shoulder and said, “That’s her.”

When I turned around, Rashta was walking alone, smiling at the people around her.

I turned away when suddenly

"Oh my god"

Laura then pointed at the person behind Rashta

"Is that Viscountess Verdi by that woman's side?"

Viscountess Verdi was standing next to Rashta, the day after Viscountess Verdi informed me that she couldn’t be my lady-in-waiting.Laura had been worried about Viscountess Verdi all night, and she yelled sharply.

“I can’t believe it. Is she mad?”

Rashta and Viscountess Verdi looked over in our direction at the source of the loud noise. Viscountess Verdi quickly avoided my gaze when she saw me.

I couldn't care less.

She just better keep her mouth shut

Princess Soju clicked her tongue.

"I really can't understand the institution of the mistress. It's just a polite term for the woman your husband has cheated on you with "

“It’s as you say. Isn’t strange how she can pass in front of the Empress with her back held straight?”

Laura fired up in defense of me, while I ignored them and picked out the sweetest champagne.

"Let's talk about something else!I overheard something quite interesting over a meal at the southern palace!Prince Heinley seems to have been anonymously exchanging letters with someone.He publicly asked for help in finding this anonymous individual"

The eyes of my ladies-in-waiting turned to me at the same time.

"Anonymous letters...sounds familiar, doesn't it?"

"It seems that Prince Heinley was the one sending letters by way of Queen!"

"Isn't this a good opportunity to become friends,your majesty?"

My Empress denied that idea but I'll just see what I can do this time

"But I'm already friends with Prince Heinley.And I felt like the Prince was familiar with me so he probably knew I was his penpal.I already have a good relationship with him now so there is no need to reveal about our exchange to the public.If word gets out about our relationship...my enemies may spread malicious rumors"

"Well,that is true and with all the rumors surrounding the prince..."

“Prince Heinley has many scandals involving women. He has the reputation of a womanizer, and if his private correspondence turns out to be the Empress, everyone will give her strange looks.”

"Yes so I’m not going to come forward,” then they all turned crestfallen.

"Yes,maybe it would be better to keep some distance with the prince.Its enough that they are on friendly terms"

The ladies-in-waiting all nodded and agreed on that idea

People will still talk even if I wasn't his penpal as long as he sticks with me

And if word does go out that I'm the one his looking for,it would agitate the high society and that scum and they might turn against me and Prince Heinley

Stepping forward then everyone finding out about it will only put us in a disadvantage

And plus...

I want to see if Rashta will still do that plan with Heinley

And if they do fight over it

Im really looking forward to that dinner