CHAPTER 24

After the meeting on Luipt,I met with the officials from each department to agree the budget for the year.

I didn't even had time to rest cause another meeting came up

I have to deal with another political job involving the budget of the year

Well as long as I do what my Empres did,I'm sure I'll be fine

"There are no changes to the tax system planned.There is also no rise in inflation.I suggest that overall,we can aim for a similar budget to last year since I don't foresee any border conflicts with other nations.The tax revenue is similar to the revenue from last year.So we can just recycle last year's budget plan"

I hope I got it all right

So far, everything had gone smoothly.

The only thing that's left is...deciding how much to budget for the mistress.

The money she receives is all just gonna go to that old man

But we have to give her money as it is expected that she receives money for being a mistress.

I can't really do anything about how she manages her money as she probably won't listen to me and will just get swayed by their words and her fears.

Whatever...

What she does with the money is none of my business as long as it's not my Empress's money

If giving her money will keep her away then so be it

"It would be easy to calculate if we had records of how much has been spent on Lady Rashta."

"As no funds have been allocated yet,it is probably recorded in his Majesty's ledgers."

"Lady Marti was from a commoner family.Her situation is also similar in that she became a mistress at the start of the Emperor's reign..."

"I don't think we can base the budget on that because of inflation"

The meeting went on longer than I thought, and when I left the room with the finance minister, the air was already cold. The sun was still out, but the sky was not that bright.

I didn't even have time to eat lunch.Im so hungry.

My meeting with Grand Duke Kaufman went from morning until afternoon, and from the afternoon onward I missed my meal when I met with the finance minister.

The meetings practically took a whole day that I didn't had time to eat

I deserve a delicious meal when I come to the Western palace and a good nights sleep

I wonder if Queen came to visit though

I hurried along, and at the fork leading to the eastern and western palaces, I saw the hem of a green skirt peeking from the bushes.

Sir Artina, who was following me, frowned.

"Who could that be?"

"I'm not sure..."

It's that woman

Well she does have useful information even though I already know about it but still this is her way to get rid of guilt

The owner of the protruding skirt stepped away from the bushes, revealing it to be Viscountess Verdi.

“Your Majesty.”

When our eyes met, she broke away and her eyes darted around. After making sure no one else was here, she urgently beckoned at me. However, I didn’t approach and Sir Artina rebuked her.