Chapter 10: Hiding the Enemy

You woke up that morning and Viggo wasn't there. It wasn't a dream, was it? No, because there were still extra herbs on the desk where you made the ointment so were was he? If the other Riders see him he'll be thrown into a cell straight away. You got out of bed and nearly stepped on a dead bird as you did. You sighed and picked up the bird by the tip of the wing and tossed it to Navjeev. He yawned and watched as you peeked out your hut then started eating the bird. You used your hand to block out the sun as you looked around, you didn't see anyone so maybe the others weren't up yet. You decided that Viggo would probably turn up later so you started taking care of Navjeev. You were cleaning your saddle when Viggo showed up.

"So where did you run off to?" You looked up from the saddle.

"Had to check on something. Nothing important." He responded. The 'nothing important' part seemed like a lie, but you didn't ask about it. You went back to cleaning the saddle.

"So, you can't stay here. The others will easily find you." You finished with the saddle and hung it back up. "I'm going to find somewhere else you can stay until you figure out what you are going to do."

"Understandable." He crossed his arms.

"For the meantime, its probably better you stay here and DON'T leave. If the Riders find you, you're not going to like it." You walked up to him and examined the burn, it seemed like the swelling had gone down and it wasn't as red. "Burn is looking better." You pat him on the other side of the face and walk out of your hut, leaving Viggo to just stand there.

You came back with a basket of fish for Navjeev. You peeked into your hut to see that Viggo was petting Navjeev. Normally Navjeev didn't like other people that much so this was kind of odd to you. Fulling entering the hut, Navjeev perked up and jumped down to get his fish that you brought for him. You set the basket down and he started picking through the fish.

"Alright, so when he is done eating I'm going to start looking for a place for you to hide out. I don't think that Hiccup has any plans for today so that means everyone is going to be here on the island." Just as you said that, there was a knock.

"Hey, (Y/n), you up yet?" It was Astrid.

"Yeah, just a minute, Astrid." You called. You gestured for Viggo to hide somewhere and he quickly hid behind a closet. You opened the door for Astrid once he was hidden.

"Hey, what's going on?" You leaned against the door frame.

"Well, I was hoping you could come out training with me to help get your mind off things and to have some fun, like we use to do." She answered.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Let me just grab my sword." You rushed back into your hut and grabbed your sword which just happened to be next to Viggo. "Stay. Here." You whispered sternly to him.

"No promises." He smirked. You glared at him and went back to Astrid. You sent one final glare his way and followed Astrid with Navjeev not to far behind you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what's going on? You have been kind of distant lately" Astrid threw her axe and hit a target dead center.

"Well, it's just been kind of hectic, you know, with the hunters and everything.." You used your sword to slash at a tree, leaving a big gash in it.

"It's just really odd for you...wait, you're not seeing anyone are you? Do you like someone?" Astrid stopped to look at you.

"No! That's not it at all. You know me, I'm not into that kind of stuff." You stopped as well, but didn't look at Astrid.

"Oh, I knew it! Who is it? C'mon, tell me!" Astrid jogged over to you with a bright smile.