Chapter 18: Caged

Your vision was pitch black and the throbbing pain in your head was almost unbearable, it felt like you got slapped across the face with a bag of rocks a few hundred times. And about worst of all was that you were cold, very cold, and your throat was dry. You could only assume when you got hit you fell off of Navjeev and fell into the ocean then the Flier took you here. Wait a minute, where were you? Where was Navjeev?! 

Slowly opening your eyes the time looked to be around dusk, with the sun starting to hide behind the horizon. Looking around more you realized you were in a cage, again...great. You went to push yourself up and into a sitting position to then realized how much your body ached. Pushing through the pain you managed to sit yourself up to lean against the bars of the cage.

There were some other cages scattered around you, but yours seemed be the closest to the tents. Most of the cages looked like they had dragons in them with it either being Singetails or some other dragon species. You looked around for Navjeev to the best of your agility with you barely being able to move. You tried to shout for him but only a squeak came out. You tried to get up again to only be hit with another wave of pain running through you. It was pointless, you were stuck there and you hated how you couldn't do anything. Finally giving up, you sighed in defeat and rested your head against the bars and closed your eyes. It wasn't long before you passed out from exhaustion. 

You slowly reopened your eyes to see the night sky scattered with stars above you through bars. It was peaceful until you remembered where you were. You still felt like shit, your head still hurt and your body ached but it wasn't as bad as before. A sudden bright light caught your attention. What appeared to be a light orange Singetail stood in front of a larger tent with fire emitting from its mouth. You saw the silhouette of a man walk up to the dragon then walk away and the dragon closed its mouth making everything dark again. The only thing you could really see was the dim lights coming from a few of the tents, including the large tent which you could now see three silhouettes inside the tent. A few minutes later and they walked out of the tent and started walking in your direction while talking. You strained your eyes trying to figure out who was who. 

"Krogan, your Fliers can search a few of the neighboring  islands for any lens, just make sure they are ready to attack Berk after I steal the lens' from Hiccup." Someone instructed, it sounded like Johann. 

"After we are done with them Berk won't be able to stop us from getting the King of Dragons." Another man spoke, Krogan. 

"Attacking Berk will just get in the way. After we get the lens' we can go after the King of Dragons and get to it before the Riders if we work quick enough." And Viggo was the last of them there. 

"That takes all the fun out of it. Getting Berk is almost like a second win after getting the King and it will put the Riders in their place." Krogan argued back.  

"Yet, it isn't necessary. Berk is not our first priority, the King of Dragons is, attacking Berk will waste us precious time. If we can get the lens' without them noticing we can get the dragon before our dear Hiccup can do anything and then wipe them out afterwards." You could tell by the tone of his voice Viggo was getting annoyed. 

"If you like your little Dragon Rider friends so much why don't you go join them and stop interfering with plans?" Krogan snapped back. 

"Do I need to remind you that-" 

"Hey, you do know your little plan to attack Berk that you're very audibly talking about is crap, right?" You cut off Viggo before a cat fight could break out, your voice sounding hoarse as you did. Probably wasn't the best thing to say at the moment but it was the only thing you could think of that would make them stop. You nearly coughed after you spoke, your throat being so dry it hurt to talk. 

"Ah, (Y/n), you're awake. And I will have you know, its not. I have been planning this day for many agonizing years at Berk. I've thought of every possible outcome and they all end with Berk out of the way and me with the King of Dragons." Johann smirked and walked over to your cage, stopping a few feet away. 

"Haven't you noticed that every time the Hunters try something we always find some way to win? There's a very slim chance you'll actually win without us messing something up. And your plan to take the lens' from Hiccup, its not going to work. He is smarter than you think, he will realize you're up to something soon enough." You glared at him, pushing yourself to stand, holding onto the bars  at the back of the cage to keep yourself from falling. As soon as you stood your head started spinning, but you managed to keep yourself at a stand. 

"You have too much faith in your brother. Plus, that's what I intend to happen.  He will finally figure out what I've been doing this whole time before I finish him off."  He grinned and folded his hands behind his back. You tensed and gritted your teeth. 

 "I swear, if you touch him! I'll-" 

"You'll what? You only thing you'll be doing is watching the whole thing go down from inside this very cage. And there's nothing you can do about it" Krogan mocked you. 

You glared at the two, feeling powerless. You glanced at Viggo who gave you an apologetic look before glaring at Krogan and Johann without them noticing. It looked like he was about to speak up before another voice spoke, catching your attention. 

"Krogan, a few of the Singetails escaped." The voice sounded familiar, and you saw a silhouette of a man but it was hard to make out his features through the dark. 

"Then get them back!" He spat back at him. 

"(Y/n), is that you?" You knew who it was at that moment. Rowan. 

"Oh look, its the lying shithead, great to see you again." You gave fake enthusiasm and crossed your arms, leaning against the bars. He frowned and walked right in front of your cage, only an armlengths away. 

"Keep talking like that and I might have to skin that dragon of yours." He smirked, he still remembered how to get under your skin. 

"Do that and you might end up going missing and I'm sure no one will go looking for you." You stumbled forward to the front of the cage, in front of him, a visible scowl on your face. 

"I doubt that" He rolled his eyes. 

"Wanna test that theory?" You growled before you got an idea. "You're pretty stupid, you know that?" You said with a smirk. 

"Wha-" 

You reached through the bars and grabbed him by the collar of his tunic. Pulling him towards you and ramming his head into the bars with as much strength you could muster at that moment. As soon as you let go he fell backwards and landed on his ass, groaning in pain. Dark red blood ran down his face from his forehead. He touched his forehead and glanced down at the blood on his hand. He looked back you through narrowed eyes. 

"You son of a-" 

"Enough." Viggo stood in front of Rowan just as he went to stand up, blocking him from you. " Go get yourself cleaned up and get back to work." 

"Yes, as exciting as that was, I still need my Singetails back." Krogan chimed in, sounding bored. Rowan was going to argue forward when Johann sternly told him to go. He sent a final glare your way before leaving. 

"Now, we have work to do. We'll deal with her later." Johann sighed before walking off, followed by Krogan. Viggo glanced at you with a concerned look before going after them. 

You waited until they were out of view before going back to the end of the cage and sitting down, your head resting against the bars. Not being able to sleep after that, you just stared at the starry sky for what was left of the night. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Words: 1444 

<3