Chapter 12: Berk

You stared at the ceiling of your hut while laying against Navjeev. The dragon let out a light purr as he slept knowing you were close. You couldn't stop thinking about what happened. Maybe you shouldn't have said anything about the papers and kept your mouth shut. Maybe then you wouldn't have said so much about... before. You shouldn't have snooped. Its Viggo's business anyways and you already knew he was going to leave at some point like every body else.

You were broken out of thought when you heard a squawking and clawing at your door. You felt Navjeev shift as he perked his ears and stared at the door. You sighed and got up to check out what it was. As soon as you opened the door a purple Terrible Terror jumped on your shoulder. A note was tied to it's leg. You grabbed the note and the small purple dragon flew off. The note was from Viggo, it said to meet him on the north side of Dragons Edge. You really thought about not going, but decided against it. 

Navjeev swiftly glided through the night to the meeting place until you saw a boat at the shore with a silhouette not to far from it. Navjeev landed on top of a tree and it slowly bent down from his weight. Navjeev huffed when he saw Viggo in the distance. Your grip tightened on the handles of the saddle as you watched Viggo step away from the boat and closer to the tree Navjeev landed in. 

"I am truly sorry my decision has upset you, but I must follow through with it." Viggo was barely visible through the dark. You swung your leg over the saddle then slid off the dragon and onto the ground with a thud. You kept your eyes on the ground as you took a few paces closer to Viggo. 

"I-I overreacted, go do what you need to do. I'll be fine..." You wrapped your arms around your self. 

"I know you will be fine because you are strong, my dear. And I reassure you I will be back." Viggo tilted your head up to look at him and took your hands in his then gave them a reassuring squeeze. Your gaze softened at you stared at him for a bit with a smile before he started talking again. 

"What you said back in the cave-" 

"I gotta go!" You panicked and ripped your hands out of his and hurried to Navjeev. Viggo stood there with a frown as you grabbed onto Navjeev's tail that was hanging down from the tree. The dragon lifted you up into the saddle and you were just about to take off when you heard Viggo speak. 

"You can't act like it didn't happen, my dear." He called. 

No, but that didn't stop you from trying. You looked at him one last time before taking off and heading back to your hut for the night. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You couldn't sleep the rest of the night, you were up thinking almost everything and what your next move was. You still didn't know. It was morning and Navjeev was already chewing on his bird when you heard a knock. You groaned and slipped out of bed to answer the door. You opened it and saw Hiccup looking dejected as he stood in front of you. You smiled at him, but he didn't return it. 

"(Y/n), I think it would be best if you went back to Berk for a bit..." Hiccup quietly spoke. 

"What? Why? This is a joke, right?" You quickly asked him, trying to get answers. You didn't think you did anything that would make him upset.

"I just think it would be best since I think you need some time at home. You have been acting strange and I'm hoping this will help. With Viggo gone and everything its okay for you to leave." Everyone still thought Viggo was dead, you were the only one that knew he wasn't. You looked at your brother a bit shocked, he wanted to send you away?

"Hiccup, I'm fine. I told-"

"Please just do this. I don't want you leaving either, but I know this will help you with what ever is going on." 

You frowned. He sounded so sad as he spoke. 

"I just don't want you leaving me again. Every time you act like this you leave to 'travel' and you don't come back for months. I miss having you around, but if this will help then so be it." He stared at the floor hiding his saddened expression. You wrapped your arms around him in a hug and he immediately hugged back burying his head in the crook of your neck. You ran your fingers through his hair to try and comfort him. You hated seeing him like this.

"I'm not leaving again, I promise this time." You felt him nod into your shoulder. You gently pushed him back and held onto his shoulders. "I will go back to Berk, but if anything happens here I will come straight back, Okay?" He nodded again. You smiled and ruffled his hair, heading back into your hut. 

"Wanna help me pack a few things?" You turned to him. He took a beep breath and nodded. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was time for you to go back to Berk. You had what you need packed into your saddle bag and you were almost ready to go. You took one final took around your hut and saw the Dragon Eye lens you had sitting on your desk. You picked it up and looked at it. If what Viggo said was true and the Dragon Eye wasn't gone then you could finally look at what was on it. You shoved the lens into your pocket and scanned the hut again before leaving. Navjeev and everyone else was waiting for you at the Clubhouse.

You walked into the Clubhouse and gave everyone a good bye. Astrid and Hiccup got a hug from you before you mounted Navjeev. You waved to them and Navjeev took off towards Berk. This was probably good for you anyways. You would get to take your mind off things and get to spend time with your father. You just hoped he wasn't there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1043 

Not sure if the start is cringe or if I just care to much about what people think. ANYWAYS, thank you so much for 900 reads! I really didn't think think people would read this when I first started writing. Thank you again and have a good day!