Chapter 28: Late Nights

I couldn't sleep, not after the encounter with the Dramilion again. I don't know why it bothered me so much. Normally I sleep just fine after a battle but it was different with the Dramilion. The same thing happened the first time I met the Dramilion, the images of it's claws raking down my face flashing through my dreams. Maybe it was just the fact that I had faced death both times I came across that dragon. Yeah, that was probably it. 

I closed my eyes again and attempted to fall asleep. After a few moments and still no luck I sighed then swung my legs off the side of the bed. I got up and left the hut that Mala had given me to stay for the night. I stood at the door way and scanned over Navjeev's sleeping form. He had a bandage wrapped around his leg that had the gash and was sleeping soundly without a care in the world. 

I left the hut and let my legs carry me through the Defenders island. I didn't know where I was going, I was just walking. The cool night air filled my lungs and made me feel much better. Without even realizing it, I had made it to the hut that Viggo was staying in. It was like my body was on autopilot as my arm raised and knocked a few times on the cold, wooden door. Why was I even trying? Poor guy was probably sleeping. After a bit, the door swung open and Viggo stood there wearing only pants and was half asleep. His droopy eyes landed on me as he gave a drowsy smile.

"What are you still doing up?" He asked quietly with a yawn. 

"I can't sleep..." I said, almost embarrassed that I was coming to him because of something so silly. It was like a kid going to their mother after they had a nightmare. 

"And what do you want me to do about it, my dear?" Viggo teased as a small grin formed on his face. I gave him an unamused look and he chuckled a bit. 

"Can I stay with you?" I asked. He stared at me for a moment like he enjoyed seeing me so embarrassed. 

"I suppose you may. Also, your face is such a pretty shade of red." He teased again as he turned and walked back into the hut. 

"Shut up." I said as I followed him into the hut, closing the door behind me. 

The hut was very similar to the one I was given. I wonder if all the huts all basically look the same except for the important ones? The room was dark except for the light from the moon shining through the window. I could see Zyran sleeping, curled up in one of the corners of the hut. She raised her head to look at me before laying it back on the wooden floor and closing her eyes, peacefully going back to sleep. 

Viggo climbed back into bed and held the blanket open for me to join him. I hesitantly walked over and climbed in with him. He dropped the blanket and it fell over my body, stopping at the top of my shoulders. I tensed as Viggo snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me closer so my back was pressed against his chest. My body didn't relax as I felt his breath on the back of my neck. 

"Calm down, you're fine." Viggo mumbled. He leaned over and kissed my temple before laying back down, keeping an arm draped over my torso. "Good night, I love you." 

"I love you too." I mumbled back. 

My muscles relaxed as I closed my eyes and just listened to my surroundings. Within moments, I heard Viggo's soft snores telling me he was asleep already. I took a deep breath, allowing myself to further relax before drifting off into sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to warm sunlight on my face. I rubbed my eyes and felt the space beside me was cold, Viggo must left a while ago, he wasn't in the hut anymore from what I could tell. Even Zyran was missing from her sleeping spot. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and got up, making my way over to the door and peeking out. It was still fairly early and there wasn't that many people out walking around. 

I stepped outside and closed the door behind me then quickly went back to my hut without being spotted. I swung open the door to my hut and saw Navjeev already eating with a basket full of fish. Viggo was standing by my saddle, messing with the saddle bags attached to it. He heard the door open and close then turned and looked at me. 

"Good morning, my dear. Sleep well?" He asked, walking over to me. 

"Yes, actually." I said and watched a smirk grow on his face. 

"Good." He said and pulled me into a kiss. I didn't hesitate to kiss him back until he gently pulled away. "Hiccup wants everyone to get ready to leave as soon as possible to leave for Berserker Island, said thats were the King of Dragons is." 

I nodded as he went back to packing my saddle bags, running a hand over Navjeev's head as he walked passed him. 

"I packed most of your things while I let you sleep in. You were pretty tired." He closed the saddle bag and clipped it shut. 

"Thanks, Viggo." 

"You don't need to thank me for that, you needed it." He smiled at me before it turned into a smirk "Has anyone ever tell you that you snore pretty loud too?"

"I do not!" I retorted as i felt my cheeks flush in embarashment. He started laughing at me and I just rolled my eyes, placing my hands on my hips.

"I'm just kidding. You don't snore," He stopped and had a teasing smile. "that loud." 

I slapped his arm and he started up laughing again while I gave him an annoyed look. 

"Alright, I can take a hint. I am going to prepare to leave, I will come find you when I'm finished." He controlled his laugher and walked out of the hut, closing the door behind him. What a jackass. 

----------------------------------------------------------------- 

Words: 1036 

I thought I would make a fluff chap to make up for the lack of chapters. I will try to write another chapter tomorrow. Also, I wrote this chapter in 1st person to change it up a bit. Do you guys prefer I write in 1st or 2nd person for future chapters?