ꨄ︎ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 36... 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 ꨄ︎

Madam haki just bit her lip, and left the room. Me and dad spent most of our day together, but at some point I left for training.

. . .

It has been a week since the incident with Madam haki. Today I got ready, changed into comfortable clothes, there was no training because Dad had hella work together. In the middle of changing, i suddenely remebered something.

The hell happened to the little wound i got in the hell of mirrors? Looks like that's today's question that needs to be answered. I got finished changing, and headed to the kitchen to get a hot pocket.

Now... who should we ask?? Certainly not dad, he's hella busy, madam haki I don't know i don't trust her. But what about mom? During three weeks of staying here, not only was I not allow to go back to school, but I haven't seen mom the entire time.

I always asked dad wheres mom, and he'll simply say, "she's out somewhere today."

I can't believe how dumb I've been acting not to notice, thars the same excuse he's been using to answer my question every day. So today's mission is to find mom, and to ask that question to her.

Once I left the kitchen I strolled around the castle, finding a door to a outdoor garden. This garden consisted of many flowers, mainly flowers that were darkly color to match the vibe of the castle.

While I was looking around, I bumped into the gardener. He was shorter than me, he gave me a dwarf vibe, because he had a long white beard. I expected him to be mean, but was I completely wrong.

"Oh welcome young lady!! How may I help you todayy?"

"I um... do you know where the lady of the castle is? Esmeray's wife?" I stuttered in the beginning, but it soon faded away.

As soon as I said that, his mood was happier, the smile he had enlarged, and he stopped what he was doing, cleaning off the dust on his overalls.

"Of course I do! Lady (m/n) should be in the library researching something about supernaturals. I haven't seen you at all here, so do you want me to show you the way?" He pointed behind him, a large building, with many floors and windows.

I glady accepted the old man's help and he showed me the way to the library. I thanked him, and gave him a small hug, you knownhe deserved it, he told me that he manages the garden all by himself. I should probably help him someday.

I entered the library, it had the smell of old books, and the librarians desk was empty. It seemed quiet too.

There was little to no noise which is weird. So I had the great idea to say a something.

"Mom...?"

The only response to that was a book close. It startled me, and I heard heavy breathing, it was coming close to me.

Holy shit I know for a fact that ain't my mom, she would respond me. Hell no, im leaving this haunted library.

I turned back, to go back from where I left. The problem is, the door literally DISAPPEARED. I took a deep breath.

"SHOW YOURSELF BITCH, IM NOT AFRAID OF YOU!!"

Truth was, I was scared, I always told myself I'm prepared to die, but not like this. I want to die in a way cooler way, tbh.

I heard a scream. It sounded demonic in a way, and not after that blood-curdling scream, I heard laughter of a baby.

Something hit me, could it be possible that the old man lead me to a trap? Didnt dad mention something about enemies or something?

As I was panicking, the thing showed itself. The most simplest way of explaining how this thing looked was it looked like the goglablabalab, but instead of a human face it had ugly bug eyes in the shade of magenta.

After the appearance, the familar dwarf figure showed itself. The thing, I mean the old man from the garden. He had a wicked smile.

"Ahahaha... AHAHAHAHA!! I DIDNT KNOW IT WOULD BE THAT EASY TO CAPTURE ESMERAY'S DAUGHTER! I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE LOOK ON HIS DEVASTED FACE. EVERYONE IS PANICKIGN YKNOW?"

I have two options, to either just stand there, or just say I'm not his daughter. I obviously picked the second option.

"Um, the hell?? Bold of you to assume I'm his daughter. If your talking about this annoying girl named (y/n), she's literally with her father right now."

This man continued to laugh, "your lying! Then why did you call (m/n) mom hmm?"

I tried to remain calm as possible, "Thats because I can? Its funny to see her mad when I, a villager call her mom. Sometimes I call her mommy..."

Fuck, I know I probably went to far, but my priorities is to make it out of it alive. No way in hell am I going to be killed by a dwarf.

"I still don't believe it. Prove it to me show me your magic."

I sighed, looking around. There's no water, and like the only thing I can see is fire from the chandelier.

I never praticed fire, so its probably the same on how to control it??

I sighed, "I haven't used magic in a while, so it might take a while."

He nodded, just saying that he needs to confirm im not the daughter. I assured him im not.

My plan is to control fire, burn this worm thingy, and then probably the man if he tries killing me himself. So, that means I might be committing murder, or should it be called self defense??

. . .

𝒖𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒉 39 𝒊𝒎 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒃𝒄 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒃𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆, 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒘 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔... 𝒊𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚, 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅

𝒊𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒛 𝒓𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒎𝒌, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒅𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒕...

𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒎 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒖𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒔, 𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒏 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏 𝒂 𝒃𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒌