Built to Last

Sarah and Bernard just came out from the premiere of their second movie. It premiered in the Philippines, US, UK and a ten other countries, and was released in 5 different languages. It was the movie that everyone was waiting for, and they were not disappointed. The love team was solid gold.

Sarah dazzled in her white dress, while Bernard was dashing as always in his tux. While the cameras flashed and the fans cheered he carefully guided his muse to the room where they were to hold the press conference.

"Nice one Sasa." He muttered under his breath. His eyes beamed with pride at his long time partner. He was in awe of how brilliant she's grown as an actress.

"Right back at you Nard." She said smiling sweetly at him. She was ecstatic at how well the film came out.

They finally faced the press people from local and international media outfits. By this time, they've made waves in every part of the globe. Their last series was a smashing success. Sarah would never have believed it to be possible two years ago. Boss Mark was right.

"Sarah and Bernard are now ready to take your questions." Nay Mayette announced to the expectant audience.

"This one is for the both of you. That movie was about the highs and lows of married life. Any plans of getting married soon?"

Bernard "I am happy where we're at right now. I have no plans of rushing or anything. I don't know about Sarah." he said smirking at the lady beside him.

"No wedding bells any time soon. My life has always been an open book. I will happily announce it when we're there already," was Sarah's candid answer.

The next reporter went to the mic. "We know that both of you are happily in love."

Sarah and Bernard looked at each other and smiled.

"But many fans are still hoping that somehow you would end up with each other. How do you deal with those expectations?"

Sarah unconsciously pressed the pendant on the necklace that Matt gave her. This past 2 years, they have kept their promise. No matter the distance and the time difference, they made ways, they made it work. And the fans respected that.

"I think our fans have matured along side us, both of us as you know are happy with our personal relationships and our fans have learned to honor that. They love us for what we do, and for who we are regardless of what we are to each other," Bernard said, glancing at the beautiful tan skinned girl behind the audience, his surfer girl, the love of his life.  

"And of course we are thankful to our management for supporting us. We would not have managed without their guidance." Sarah added, at which the audience clapped in unison. Boss Mark smiled and nodded to acknowledge the crowd's approval.

The next reporter cleared his throat. "What about Matteo Guidicelli Sarah, he is now known as the Black Stallion of Asia. Last month he just bagged 2nd in the Grand Prix. Has he seen the movie already? How does he feel about your success as a love team?"

Sarah's heart leaped at the mention of his name. "He has been supportive since day one. You have no idea. He was supposed to fly in this week because he didn't really expect to win in his debut race, but I don't know maybe it will have to be delayed as he deals with everything there. But I am hoping to watch it again with him when he comes back."

"Please tell him Sarah, that the whole country is so proud of him." The reporter replied.

"Thank you, thank you very much." She responded, her heart swelling with pride. It was bittersweet that he might not be able to come home and attend Kim and Xian's wedding, but it was a big win that put the Philippines on the map. It was more than they were both hoping for.

Her mind trailed back to the video call after the win.

"Tart!!!!" Matt gushed. "We did it!!!" He said, holding up his medal for her to see while the crowds cheered behind him.

Sarah was crying. She was in the middle of a taping and her make-up was absolutely ruined but she didn't care. It was too overwhelming. All of the sacrifices that they made were forgotten. Her man made it.

"Congrats Matt!!! Salamat sa Diyos!!! Nako po. Thank you Lord!!!!" She screamed. The whole staff was cheering with her as they also stopped to watch the race.

"This is for you love! I love you!!!" He flipped his phone for her to see unbelievable scene of vast crowds and cars. "Ti amo Sarah Geronimo!!!! Woo!!!!!" He screamed at the top of his lungs. Nic was beside him waving the Philippine flag. "Woohoo!!! Mabuhay!!!!"

"I love you Matteo Guidicelli!!!! Ang nagiisang driver ng puso ko!!!!" Sarah screamed back, unashamed, loud and proud for all to hear.

---

The chapel was filled with white flowers, and the chandeliers glinted as the morning sun beamed though the floor to ceiling windows. Everyone was filled with a sense of jubilation as if angels were there celebrating. It was Xian and Kim's wedding.

Sarah, the maid of honor, was in the wedding car with the bride, "This is it Kim!!!" She gushed.

Kim sighed. "Can you believe it Sars, after everything we went through. Eto na talaga.... How I wish Matt was with us. Kung hindi dahil sa inyo, siguro hindi mangyayari tong kasal na to"

Sarah shrugged. "You guys are a big part of our love story too, alam mo yan."

"Be happy!" Sarah said hugging her friend one last time before they go down to meet the groom in the altar.

The door was opened for them finally and Sarah stepped out, a goddess in her light pink gown. The bride finally comes out and everyone by the door gasped, what a sight to behold. Sarah kissed her friend for good luck before she went in to take her place in the entourage. 

What a shame Matt wasn't there to witness the event.

Finally the procession started, to the tune of a heavenly choir accompanied by violins and a piano. Sarah looked at Xian and couldn't help but laugh. He looked so anxious to see his bride. If his best man Matt stood beside him it would have been perfect. But it is what it is.

It was time for Sarah to walk down the aisle. She took her time to take in the beautiful moment, that sacred  space in time before something eternal is made in heaven and on earth. She imagined Matt standing behind Xian. And for a time she believed that he was there. His eyes looked straight into hers as if she was the only girl in the world, wearing a half smile that beamed with pride at the girl he has fought for and won over. 

Sarah's eyes welled with tears and she almost stopped dead in her tracks when she realized that she wasn't imagining him there. Matt was there. He made it!

Matt had tears in his eyes as well. He gathered himself together and hugged Xian who was also happily surprised to see him there.

Sarah and Matt only managed to tear their gaze away from each other when the bride arrived. Everyone's eyes were on the bride and groom, relishing the beauty of two different people coming together to become one.  

Sarah's heart jumped when a familiar hand grasped her own. 

"I would carry you away from here but then we have this wedding to attend. Xian at Kim talaga kahit kelan panira." Matt whispered kissing her on the head. God how he missed her.

She pressed his hand tightly and finally a tear escaped her eye. "Gusto kong isigaw na mahal kita ngayon pero ayokong magnakaw ng eksena." Sarah whispered back, looking up to the man of her dreams, the only one she's longed to be with every day these past two years.

And the wedding went on, while these two lovers were hand in hand, with hearts full of love and expectation not only for the bride and groom, but mostly for each other. They were back together and nothing could separate them ever again.