At Last

Shin came home for a month long break. She was glad to be there in time for Sarah's concert and to see with her own two eyes how well things were going between Matt and her best friend. 

Sarah was at the airport to meet her with Shin's family. They hugged each other in tears. It's been a year and a half since left for the UK.

And Shin very happy with what she saw- one look at Sarah and she saw how Matt was able to mend her heart. The sadness in her eyes that set in the instant that Bernard left was gone now. She could tell that her friend was whole again. 

Sarah and Matt took her out for dinner once. Sarah's expressions and actions gave her true feelings away. The way she talked to him, the way she let herself be led and guided by him, the way she would always look at him with a certain tenderness... anyone could see that she had deep feelings for Matt. 

Shin's only question was if Sarah already knew that she was in love with Matt. May pagka-dense kasi yung babaeng yon pagdating sa sarili nyang puso, Shin thought. 

The old gang brought Shin out for videoke to welcome her back. It was just like the old times. Mark and Sarah sung their old teeny bopper duets, Christian and Shin sung the old love songs like they used to. The only new addition to the group was Matt. 

"Parang mali na nandito ako a..." Matt pointed out when he saw that 95 was still the lowest score after so many performances. "Hintayin ko na lang kaya kayo sa labas?" 

"Haha... Ok lang na mababa ang score! We're just having fun. Kanta ka na!" Christian prodded. 

"Oo nga para di naman mapahiya si Sarah..." Mark said, a snide remark to the lowest scorer so far. 

Sarah elbowed him in response. "Yabang mo Mark a! May rap kaya na part yon! Sige mag Drop it Like it's Hot ka tingnan lang natin!" 

"Kanta na Matt! Wag ka mahiya." Shin said. "Maganda naman boses mo a. Tsaka tutulungan ka naman ni Sarah." 

"Nice! Duet! Isang Endless Love naman dyan..." Mark cheered. 

"O di kaya Please be Careful with my Heart!" Christian said. Mark gave him a high five for the wonderful suggestion. 

Sarah shot each guy a dagger look. "Tumigil nga kayo dyan! Wag nyo pakantahin si Matt kung ayaw nya." It was obvious that she didn't want to be teased into doing a duet.  

They didn't notice that Matt was already near the TV, holding the mic. He keyed in the song number while the others were joking around. 

He tried to hide his nervousness. It was the first time that he'd be singing in front of four world class professionals. He knew that he still had to cross out the Sing for Sarah item on his Make Her Fall For Me list, but he wished he didn't have to do it this way. 

The music started. It was a familiar jukebox melody. Matt swallowed hard and told himself to man up.  

"Uy!!! OK yan a!" Mark exclaimed. They were all clapping and cheering for Matt. As soon as she recognized the song, Sarah was laughing and shaking her head.