Way Back Into Love?

Matt was in the middle of his morning run when he got the news. His manager called to tell him that he was going to appear in Sarah's next video. He was so happy he added a couple of miles to his load for the day.

He kept Sarah's album on repeat since then. It became the soundtrack to his work out and his lullaby to sleep. The fourth track, which had a dancey feel to it, was playing in the car on the way to the 1st day of shoot.

There were about fifty people in the studio when he arrived. All were busy preparing for the work ahead. He made his way to Direk Coy who was giving instructions to a couple of staff. "Matt!!! Very nice of you to arrive early. You had breakfast na?"

Direk Coy briefed Matt on what they will be doing that day as he led him to Sarah's dressing room. He felt a bit nervous to see her again. After exposing himself to her work these past weeks, he felt an intensified awe and respect for her as an artist.

"Why hello gorgeous... Come in Matteo" Sarah's manager said and opened the door for them.

Matt laughed. "Good morning Tita Mayette." Then he heard a girl giggle behind him.

"Matt!!!" Sarah was sitting in front of the mirror. Her make up artist was doing the final touches to her look. She looked so fresh and so pretty that he couldn't help but be starstruck.

"Hello Sarah! Congrats sa album. Iba ka na talaga" He said after collecting himself. He went to her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Ikaw nga dyan. Sobrang fit mo na ngayon."

They went right down to business after the small talk. Direk Coy gave them the gameplan. "Matt is your former beau... He haunts you, you see him in everything," he told Sarah. "And you're opressed by it. You want him out of your mind."

Matt listened intently. He glanced at Sarah. Her lips were pursed and her eyebrows knit. She caught him looking and she smiles with excitement.

"You want out but you feel like you belong to him... Just give me the emotions of a woman that's chained to the past. As in yung loka loka level! And ikaw Matt, ikaw yung handsome ghost. Multuhin mo sya!" Matt and Sarah laughed, but they both understood what they had to. The record company of course did not hold back with the production, and both were ready to give it their best shot.

The shoot went smoothly and so did their partnership. They had a natural chemistry that was hard to fabricate. The video was turning out to be a beautiful piece of work.

Matt was learning so many things about Sarah Geronimo. He knew that she was talented and successful, but he never knew how unaffected she is by her fame and position. He knew that she was funny, but he didn't know that she'd have him laughing at anything because her laughter was so contagious. He's always known of her charisma, but he didn't think that even he would fall victim to it.

And so he found it challenging not to like Sarah. She lit up the room every time she was around. He couldn't point his finger on when it really started, but he began to feel drawn to her.

Of course it was too early to say that he was falling in love. But there was something about her that made him want to get to know her more. He was deeply fascinated by her. She wasn't the most perfect face. But each time he looked at Sarah, it seemed harder and harder to look away.

"She's beautiful huh."

"Yeah... Super." Matt answered unconsciously. He thought he was still talking to himself.

Mayette put a hand on his shoulder and laughed. Matt almost jumped out of surprise. They were watching Sarah as she was getting her shots taken.

"Boto ako... For now. If you mistreat her in any way though, hoo boy you will face me!" Mayette threatened.

Matt smirked. He turned and watched Sarah. She was checking the shots with Direk Coy. She noticed Matt and Mayette and waved at them.

Matt's heart skipped a beat. "Hoo boy indeed," he thought to himself.