Stolen Moments

Hundreds of people lined up in the mall to get their CDs signed.

"Ate Sarah super idol kita!"

"Sarah gustong gusto ka namin ng family ko! Lahat kami popster!"

"Saraaah!!! Picture naman tayo!!! Galing pa kong Nueva Ecija!!!"

No matter how grueling work was, Sarah always drew strength from her fans. Knowing that she makes people happy made her forget how tired she was.

Kiara, Nay Mayette, and a whole lot of security personnel escorted her when it was all over. To her surprise, it was Matt's car that was waiting for them.

"Nak, sorry di kita mahahatid sa dance rehearsal. There's an urgent meeting kasi with Boss Mark. Si Matt na muna bahala sayo."

"A... Ok po. Sabay ka sa min Kiara."

"Ok!" Kiara said enthusiastically.

"Ay hindi! Sa kin sasabay yan." Mayette blurted out.

"Ihahatid na muna namin si Kiara." Sarah said.

"Ako maghahatid dyan. Diba Kiara?" Mayette sounded like she was threatening the hairstylist.

"Opo madam. Sa inyo po ko sasabay."

Sarah was confused. "Diba Nay may meeting ka?" They were standing next to Matt's car already and a guard was opening the door for her.

Mayette completely ignored her. "Hi Matt. Thanks sa pagsundo kay Sarah a. Have dinner muna. Gutom na to e. Enjoy!" she told the driver as he came into view.

"Ok po Tita." Matt said.

"Mukhang pinagkaisahan nyo na naman ako ni Nanay a." Sarah said as the door closed after her.

"She was just doing me a favor. Alam nya na miss na miss na kita." Matt said while he helped her with the seatbelt.

Sarah missed him too. It's been days since they last saw each other. And tomorrow she was leaving for a provincial tour.

She won't be seeing him for another two days. She looked at Matt's face. The thought made her miss him already. Still, she didn't let him know it. "May taping ka pa mamaya diba. Tigas talaga ng ulo mo. Dapat natutulog ka sa bahay."

"Well I'm better off being with you than dreaming about you."

Ayan, dyan ka magaling sa sweet nothings mo, Sarah thought. "Talaga lang?"

"Talagang talaga!" Matt said.

"Ano bang gagawin ko sayo Matt Matt. Sobrang bolero mo." Sarah hit him lightly on the head.

Matt pressed a button on the music player. "You know, I thought you'd say that."

Mahal kita, mahal kita hindi to bola... (Playing on the radio)

Sarah laughed, while butterflies flew and fluttered in her stomach.

--------

Dating Sarah Geronimo was not easy. Her schedule was crazy, she had more commitments than she had time for herself or her family.

Matt and Sarah's racing escapade was one of the precious afternoons when they both weren't busy. He was really thankful that Tita Mayette was on his side, setting aside time for them to go out when her sched permits.

He asked Tita Mayette if he can be the one to fetch Sarah from the mall show. He knew he would be giving up the little time that he had to catch up on sleep, but he will give it up any time if it meant that he can hang out with her.

He was so happy to be with Sarah. Just sitting beside her was bliss.

They ate pizza inside the car. They were parked just outside the dance studio. She has to go in 30 minutes. And then he wouldn't see her again for two days.

He wished he could stretch the time.

"Anong gusto mong pasalubong?" Sarah asked.

"Ikaw. Ikaw ang gusto kong pasalubong." Matt said. "Just take care of yourself, think about me a lot, and come home safe." He was speaking straight from his heart.

"Mamimiss mo ko no?" Sarah teased.

"Kailangan pa bang imemorize yan?!" Matt said.

"Akin na yung phone mo." Sarah said.

Matt gave her the phone, not knowing what she was going to do with it. Sarah opened it and after a while began to sing.

So let me say before we part

So much of me

Is made from what I learned from you

You'll be with me

Like a handprint on my heart

And now whatever way our stories end

I know you have re-written mine

By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring

By a wind off the sea

Like a seed dropped by a skybird

In a distant world

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?

But because I knew you

I have been changed for good...

Matt was speechless. She never seemed more beautiful to him than at that very moment.

He swore he could've kissed her.

Maybe Sarah felt the atmosphere change too because she never gave Matt the chance to say anything.

"Yan!" She thrust the phone back to him. "Gawin mong alarm. Kailangan ko na umakyat. Apir na." Sarah held up a hand for a high five.

Instead of giving her a five, Matt took her hand and pulled her close.

"Matt..." Sarah said. Her chin was resting on his shoulder.

"Thank you Sarah. For coming into my life."

Then Matt let her go.

Dating Sarah Geronimo was not easy. But it sure was worth it.