It's Raining

"Haaaay... Ang pogi..." Kiara, Sarah's hairstylist said as they watched Matt doing his shots.

"Walang girlfriend yan ngayon. Pwede kayo." Sarah said. But she agreed with her friend. Matt was extraordinarily handsome.

"May chance naman no?... Pero mas peg ko kayo."

Sarah laughed.

"Pareho kayong mabait, magaling kayo pareho kumanta. And don't you see how he looks at you?! Ang haba ng hair mo te!" Kiara brushed Sarah's hair to illustrate the point.

"Kaibigan ko lang yan si Matt." How he looks at me? No way... Sarah thought. After all the things that happened to her in the past, she knew better than to easily think that a guy has feelings for her.

"Kanino ulit galing yang coffee mo?"

Sarah looked at the caramel frappe on her hand. Matt gave it earlier. She had her headset on and was practicing a song. She didn't notice Matt come up behind her and placed the coffee in front of her.

"I wish I could hear you sing everyday." She thought she heard Matt say.

She took off her headphones. "Uy salamat! Ano yung sabi mo?"

"Wala. Sabi ko practice ka lang."

"Sweet naman yan si Matt sa lahat." Sarah said turning to Kiara.

"Talaga lang a. Nasan ang coffee ko aber? Tingnan na lang natin ang susunod na kabanata. Basta... I feel na there's something more."

Sarah didn't agree. Matt has been nothing short of a perfect gentleman throughout the shoot. He was always looking after her. But to Sarah, he was just still the same kalog, sweet, and caring friend from before. Nothing more.

The last scene they shot involved standing under artificial rain. Matt was standing beside Sarah. She had her arms around her already, shivering at the thought of getting soaked.

"Ok ka lang?" Matt asked.

"Oo! Just a little nervous." Sarah said.

Matt nodded.

Sarah smiled. She ran through the instructions from Direk Coy in her head. This was the scene where she had to let it all out- a confrontation with the past. Matt would beg her to go back, but she has to fight and not give in. It was about letting go of a dream, because in reality she was the only one who was left in love.

"Ok guys! We're almost ready!!!" Direk Coy said as they finalized their preparations.

"Thanks Matt ha." Sarah said quietly. She was really grateful for his support.

"Wala yon. Anything for you." Matt said candidly. "Basta libre mo ko ng Chickenjoy after."

"Hehe... Ok! Yon lang pala e."

"I'm not kidding a. Aasahan ko yan!" Matt said his eyes brightening up.

"O sige kahit ilang two piece chicken pa."

"Ok...it's a date!"

She looked at Matt's face. For a second there she thought she saw something in his eyes. She quickly brushed it off though.

Direk Coy clapped his hands to draw their attention. "Ready na Matt, Sarah... Ok let it rain!!! Rolling in 10, 9, 8..."

Rain poured.

"7, 6, 5..."

The music started to play. Sarah closed her eyes.

"4, 3, 2..."

She only had to open the lid and draw out the memories of the past, and there it was- the familiar pain in her heart.

"Rolling!" Sarah opened her eyes. Water blocked her view but when she looked at the person in front of her, she didn't see Matt. It was Bernard.

He was pleading. He was begging. "I'm so sorry... Come back... I need you... Please..."

Sarah started shaking. It was all she needed to hear. She would've gone back if he asked her long ago. She was crying now.

"Hindi... Hindi na..."

Bernard was holding her arms. He was crying as well. "Patawarin mo na ko."

"Hindi mo naman ako minahal talaga e..." Sarah was pushing him away. She started gasping for breath. Her heart was beating so hard.

"I did love you... I love you even now."

Bernard was pulling her closer. But she couldn't just give in.

"That's not true..." Sarah said through her tears. "You're not even mine anymore."

"Perfect!!!" Direk Coy shouted. Instantly the rain stopped.

Sarah collected herself. She looked at Matt and smiled. There was a look of worry in his eyes.

"Good job!" Sarah said, offering him a high five.

"Ayos ka lang?"

"Oo na-carried away lang. Galing mo kasi e."

______________

Matt watched from afar while Sarah performed her song. She sang and danced while rain poured on her.

He remembered her face during their final scene. She was like a broken child. He wanted nothing more than to hold her and tell her that everything would be alright.

She wasn't ready for whatever he was feeling right now. No, she's not ready yet.