Missing You

It was a working New Year's Eve for the whole crew in Seoul's Time Square filming Nancy and Felix's first meeting. Thousands of people crowded the streets, most of them gathered around the concert stage where famous K-pop acts were leading the celebration. 

Sarah and Bernard stood beside each other under the tent reviewing their next scenes.

So Felix escapes the stuffy VIP New Year's party to get back to his hotel, but to do that he had to get through the crowd that were waiting for the ball to drop. Nancy is one of them, taking photos of herself to make everyone back home think that she was having the time of her life, even if she was really just dying inside. 

And when she checks if the photo of her kissing Rain's standee looked okay, she will be surprised to see Mr. Stiletto caught in the camera right behind her. Nancy's curiosity gets the best of her and she immediately drops her selfie marathon to go after him, determined to see his face again.

Nancy follows him through every street and corner... And in a breathless moment, Felix catches her arm from behind and spins her around to face him.

"Magkanong binayad ng tatay ko sayo para sundan ako? Sabihin mo at dodoblehin ko, lubayan mo lang ako." 

"Ang baliw naman kasi ni Nancy... Nakatikim tuloy sya ng angas ng Forbes Park. Hay..." Sarah said, shaking her head at how naïve her character was.

"Nakakabaliw naman din kasi talaga tong mukhang to no," Bernard said, smirking at her. 

Sarah laughed. She can't believe that she'd be able to laugh at his jokes again. Not after what happened. This was a good sign. 

"Hay nako Nancy... Magingat ka sa pinapasok mo. Lolokohin ka lang nyan," she joked back.

It took a while for Bernard to react. And when she heard his reply, Sarah could've kicked herself for not thinking before speaking.

"What's the deal with all these crappy guys who push away the great girls who fall in love with them. Ang tanga lang. Nandyan na sa harap nila itutulak pa nila palayo."

Sarah felt sorry him. "I'm sure bukas pa ang puso ni Maya para sayo," she said, it was the first time that she ever talked to him about his break up. "Wag ka mawawalan ng pag-asa. Fighting!" 

"Talaga Sarah? Pwede pa ba ko umasa? Pwede pa bang umasa sayo?" Bernard thought. 

He swallowed and tried to sound cheerful. "Fighting ka dyan! Sineryoso mo naman masyado! Si Felix ang pinaguusapan natin diba!"

"Sus, parang di naman kita kilala."

Bernard looked at her with wistful eyes. "No you really don't know me. Cause if you do, then you'd know that it's you I want." 

So Sarah spent the last hours of the year, ironically, chasing after her first love. And when the ball finally fell, they stood beside each other, as a clueless girl with a crush and an arrogant guy who would have nothing to do with her. 

It did remind Sarah of the past, that day when she desperately asked Rachelle Anne to help her look for Bernard, until she found him at the basketball court. She remembered the defiance in his eyes when he said that he won't go back to dinner at their house, the anger in his voice when he broke up with her. 

She couldn't deny that the pain was still there. But then again, that was all behind them now. She would choose to forgive and save their friendship.

"Ok cut!!!" Direk Joyce shouted. "Galing!!! Good work everyone! Inuman na!!!" The crew happily clapped their hands and greeted each other a happy new year.

"Ayos... Happy New Year Nard," Sarah smiled.

"Happy New Year b--- Sasa." He was going to say babe but he immediately checked himself. God knows how many times he almost slipped. "Where are you celebrating? Kain muna tayo." 

"Pass muna," Sarah said, a bit awkwardly. She promised that she will never do anything that will stress Matt out. "Balik na muna ko sa hotel. Maaga pa kasi tayo bukas e. Enjoy na lang. Good night!"

Bernard watched her as she practically ran to Eggpie. She took her phone from him and made a call. The happiness on her face gave away who she was talking to. 

He kept his eyes on her as she walked away. It was frustrating to have her close during each take, only to lose her when the director says cut. But he couldn't just give up could he?   

He was walking to the car when he heard Sarah scream.

"Yung kwintas ko!!!! Magnananakaaaaw!!!!!"