Interlude- Slowly

Sarah and Matt held on to each other; and inside that moment, they wanted nothing more than for time to stand still.

She couldn't believe that it took her so long to decide when now in his arms, everything felt perfectly right. All the doubts and fears that held her back melted away in Matt's embrace.

He could've had any girl he wanted at the snap of a finger- literally any beauty queen or any socialite... And yet he gave every effort to make someone like her feel like a princess.

She felt ashamed for not appreciating him enough. She felt foolish for thinking that his love wouldn't last.

But most of all, she felt guilty for not admitting to herself sooner that she has in fact, fallen deeply and helplessly in love with him.

"Thank you..." Matt whispered. "Thank you... Thank you!"

Sarah pulled away to see his face. "Ako ang dapat magpasalamat..."she said as she touched his cheek.

"Thank you for loving me kahit na ang dami kong hang-ups at ang komplikado ng buhay ko. Thank you dahil di ka nagsasawa sa pagaalaga sa kin kahit alam ko pagod ka na. Thank you sa pagpaparamdam sa kin na sobrang special ko."

"Thank you for choosing me Matt Matt," he voice was full of emotion, "I'm so lucky na ako ang pinili mo."

Matt shook his head. "All this time I've been trying to be a man who's worthy of you. Sa ating dalawa, ako ang swerte."

Sarah laughed. "Ang first LQ ba natin ay away sa kung sino ang mas swerte?"she joked.

"Hindi tayo magaaway sweetie." Matt smiled and pushed strands of hair behind her ear. "No matter what you say, I'll always be the lucky one." Matt said and then kissed her forehead.

Sarah looked into his eyes and was amazed to see how much he really loved her. She gazed at his lips as they started moving closer, her heart beating fast she began to close her eyes...

Then they noticed the light at her living room turn on.

"Sweetie... Maaga pa nga pala tayo bukas..." Sarah said awkwardly as she backed off, remembering that they were near her house.

Matt reluctantly moved away and scratched his head. "Oo nga pala. Lika hatid na kita."

Her wonderful boyfriend walked her home, with their fingers intertwined for the first time, and Sarah wondered how could the night be so still when her heart was screaming and leaping with joy.

--------

Is it the look in your eyes 

That makes me feel 

All so warm, so good deep inside...  

Not so steady... somehow maybe 

Something changed and now I see 

My dream come true 

Is right next to me 

And it's plain to see 

Now it's clear to me 

All along it's been you 

Slowly, It's more than just I & me 

And slowly, I'm starting to really see 

Sparkles in your eyes 

When you're beside me 

You see... coz right now 

I feel that slowly 

I dream of you everyday 

And slowly 

The loneliness fades away 

Happiness I find when 

You're around me

I might just really know way 

Now that I have something great and true in my life 

Now I'm ready oh so ready 

Oooh took a while 

And now I can see 

My dream-come-true is right next to me 

And it's plain to see,  

Now is clear to me 

All along it's been you

Slowly, It's more than just I & me 

And slowly, I'm starting to really see 

Sparkles in your eyes 

When you're beside me 

You see... coz right now 

I feel that slowly 

I dream of you everyday 

And slowly 

The loneliness fades away 

Happiness I find when 

You're around me