Part 5

Daeun pov

I'm so happy that he was in the same class with me. He sit not far from me in the middle of the class. I was sitting at the back row and beside the window. But, I can still see him.

Now is lunch time. I want to ask him to eat together with me when suddenly I stopped because one girl approached him. He and the girl were smiling to each other. I got stunned because I never seen he smile like that. Is that girl is the person that he like? And why I feel kinda jealous? I shook my head.

I think I shouldn't ask him maybe. I walk out from the class without looking at where Jungwon was with the girl. I stopped when someone caught my attention.

"Niki?"

I look at him that was leaning his back on the wall while crossing his arms on his chest.

"Are you going to lunch? Let's go lunch together."

He said coldly at me. Looks like he've been told to do that.

"You don't have to i-"

"Let's go."

He pulled me by my hand and walk. I look around the hallway. The students started give me the same glare just like before. I look down on my feet and try to ignore the glares.

...

"Niki, I want to ask you."

I said.

"Hmm..."

That's the only thing he replied. I take a deep breath and exhale slowly.

"Well, I want to ask about the girl who with Jungwon. Who is she anyway?"

I asked him curiously. He look at me after that with his cold eyes.

"Why? Are you jealous?"

He sudden question makes my eyes wide open.

"What? Why should I? I just meet him yesterday. So that doesn't mean I'm jealous."

I quickly denied it. Well, it's true. Why should I jealous because I just met him last night? Not for a long time. He just nodded and continued eating his lunch.

"So, who is she?"

I asked him again.

"His girlfriend."

He said. I don't know why, I feel something sharp digging into my chest. So, he already have girlfriend. I see... Hmmm. Well, who cares? You just met him last night, Daeun~shiii! I shook my head as I continued eating my lunch.

...

"Thanks for accompany me, Niki."

I said to him as we stopped infront of my class while smiling. He just nodded and leave me. I pouted.

"What's with that behavior?"

I said to myself. I shook my head before walk inside the class. I walk towards my seat when suddenly I saw something on my table. Is that a gift from someone? I look around the class as I arrive at my seat. Like no one in there give me the gift. I slowly open the box and shocked after see what is it. It's a dead lizard. I throw the box to the floor makes all students in my class look at me weirdly.

I bowed to them and say sorry before wak to the box that I just throw. I was about to take the box with my disgusted face when suddenly someone stop me by holding my wrist. I look at the person and it was Jungwon. He pulled me to beside him.

"Who did this? Tell me."

He said in cold voice to the classmate. No one dare to look at him also tell him.

"I give you guys a warning. If you guys bravely trying to disturb her, I will never let you go. Understand?"

He yelled out makes the students answer it quickly.

"understand!"

Wow! Impressive! He then turn to me. His eyes softened after saw me.

"Are you okey? Is that lizard bite you?"

He start to tease me. I hit his arm makes him laughed. I rolled my eyes.

"If you just wants to help me for tease me, just forget it."

I said as I pulled my wrist away from his hand. He laughed again. I rolled my eyes and walk passed him to my seat. But, why did he do that? He should do that if his girlfriend. Not me. Hmmm... Just think positive, Daeunnie! He just want to help you as his friend only. Don't overthink. My thoughts said.

...

Time skip(End school)

Now I'm otw to walk out from the class when suddenly someone stopped me.

"Hi, my name is Haruto."

One tall boy introduce himself to me while smiling. I bowed to him and smile back.

"Hi, my name is Kim Daeun."

I introduce myself.

"It was nice to meet you."

He held his hand infront of me as I take his hand and shake. We pulled away after that.

"So, anyway, after this, where are you going?"

He asked.

"Home? Maybe."

I answered.

"You didn't go anywhere?"

He asked again. I just shrugged my shoulder.

"Do you want to join me and my friends hangout at the new cafe that not far from here?"

He asked.

"Really?"

I asked excitedly at him.

"Of course!"

He said while smiling. I smile back.

"Su-"

"No, she have something to do at home, right noona?"

Suddenly,Niki appeared from nowhere and put his arm on my shoulder after cut my words. I look at him weirdly. And did he just call me noona?

"Since wh-"

I got stopped when feel he pinched my shoulder with his hand.

"Ahh yeah yeah."

I quickly answered. I glare at Niki. He just look at Haruto with his poker face.

"Oh. If that so, maybe next time."

"Next time she have something to do also."

Niki answer for me makes me look at him weirdly. What's wrong with him?
Haruto expression changed.

"Okey then. Maybe later."

He said before bid a goodbye at us and walk away leaving us. I look at Niki confusely.

"Why did you do that?"

I asked him confusely. He just give me his poker face.

"Nothing."

He said before walk away. Seriously. What is wrong with him?

"Yah! Wait for me!"

I said as I chase him.