Part 27

Daeun pov

"W-what?"

I've got shocked after he said that. Those her really mean it?

"I-i mean, t-that's why I love you as a housemate. Nothing else."

He said. Why do I feel kinda frustrated after he said that? I don't know why...

"Ahh... I understand."

I said as I look away.

"Can we go now?"

He asked. I nodded. He pulled me with him leaving the beach together.

...

At my room...

I still thinking on the confession that Jungwon's made when we were alone just now. Is he really love me as his housemate? Nothing else? Stop it, Daeun~shi. You will make your head more dizzy than before. I thought. I sighed deeply before looking at the ceiling while laying on the bed. Why do I feel uneasy right now? Is it because of that?

While I was in my thoughts, someone have knock my door room makes me look at the door.

"Come in."

I said. It's open and revealed Jake who was smiling.

"Hey, do you have any time to talk?"

He asked with his aussie's accent.

"Yeah. Why not."

I said as I sat up from my layed and face him. He close the door behind him and walk towards me before sit infront of me with his weak smile.

"What's wrong?"

I asked as I can see that he feel uneasy right now. He look at me with his smile. I know that smile was fake.

"It's about my grandma."

He said. I tilted my head. Grandma?

"What's about your grandma?"

I asked him confusely also curiously. He sighed after that. Is there have something happen?

"She's got into the hospital."

He answered as he sighed. Ah, that's why he feel uneasy right now.

"hmm, wanna share?"

I asked him while fixing my seat and look at him. He nodded as he started to tell me about his grandma. After a few minutes, I finally understand what happen. I patted his shoulder.

"Stay strong, Jakey. She might need you right now. You should go visit her."

I said softly to him while rubbed his shoulder softly to comfort his feeling right now. I understand how does it feels when your grandma got into the hospital because I have feel it before and I'm not going to tell you about that.

" Yeah. You right. "

He said. He looks me.

"Do you want to come with me?"

Did he invite me? I smile widely.

"I like too!"

I quickly answered makes him smiled.

"Okey, then! I will you at downstairs!"

He said as he stand up from his seat and started to walk out from my room. But, he stopped in the middle of walk and turn to me with his big smile.

"She's gonna like you so much, Daeun."

He said before leave my room. I look at the door confusely. I never asked him that is his grandma gonna like me or not. I scratch my head as confusely. I should get ready now or he might tell Layla to come here to take me. And I don't want that happen.

...

Time skip(At the hospital)

I was following Jake right now. I look around the hospital. There have many people that sick inside it. Well, I've should remain my own business. I look forward where is Jake was. He was miling widely since at home. Maybe because he happy to see his grandma.

We stopped as we arrived infront of the hospital room where is his grandma was. He turn to me.

"You wait for me here, I will go inside. After that, I will call you later."

I nodded because I'm too lazy to open my mouth right now. He went inside the room while I'm looking around again. Well, it's kinda awkward for me. I lean my back on the wall while waiting for him.

After a few minutes, he come out with his big smile.

"Let's go now."

I nodded as I follow him went inside the room. I saw old lady was laying on the bed while using the oxygen thing on her nose. She looks dying right now but she still can open her eyes and look at me with smiling. I smile back at her but give her a sad look.

"Are you Kim Daeun the person that Jake always told me?"

She asked me with her weak voice. I look at Jake before look at her and smile.

"Yes, grandma."

I said politely to her. She smile.

"You look more prettier when see face to face."

She give me a compliment make me blushed.

"Thank you, grandma. You prettier than me."

I said with smile as she smiled. She looks at Jake who was standing beside me.

"You really good on searching a girlfriend."

She said makes me look at Jake with wide eyes. What? Girlfriend? I look at grandma back.

"No gran-"

"She is not my girlfriend, grandma. She is just my close friend."

He said to his grandma honestly. But, it's kinda hurt when I heard he said that I'm just his close friend. Why did I have that feeling? I shook my head.

"I thought she was your girlfriend. You two really goods if together."

She said while pouting. I found it's cute that makes me smile.

"I hope that I can make it, grandma."

I can heard Jake mumbled something but it's too low to hear that.

"What did you say?"

His grandma asked. His expression changed after that.

"Nothing, grandma! Grandma, you should rest now."

He said as he walk towards his grandma and tugged her with her blanket.

"Jake, can you leave me with Daeun for a moment? I want to talk with her personally. "

Grandma said makes me and Jake look at each other.

"Sure."

He said as he walk out from the room. I look at grandma after that.

"Come here, sweetie."

She said with her sweet smile.