five

I woke up to my phone vibrating. Who in the fuck is calling me right now?

I answered it before I saw who it was. I sit up while bringing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I rasp into the phone. "Did I wake you?" I hear Colby ask. I look at the time to see it's ten thirty.

I had a late shift last night. "Yeah, it's okay. Is everything okay?" I ask while rubbing my eyes.

"Yeah, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out." I smiled a little bit. Ever since the beach day, we've gotten closer.

It's been a week and we've hung out a couple times. "That depends, what were you planning, Brock?" I smirk a little bit.

He sighed for a moment. "I haven't thought of that part yet. I figured you could come over and we can plan something." He suggested.

I didn't have any other plans today since it's Sunday and I didn't have to work.

Zander and Peyton were hanging out while Luke was going surfing at the beach.

"Yeah, okay. Give me an hour and I'll meet you at your house." I agree to the plan.

It's like I can feel his smile over the phone. "I'll see you then." We shared our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

I sigh while getting up. I wanted to shower, eat, and get ready to go out. Today was one of those rare cloudy days in Los Angeles.

I doubt he'd want to do something outside. I take a quick shower and put on something comfy.

I put on a band tee with a pair of black leggings. I put on light makeup and brush through my hair.

I leave my hair natural since I didn't feel like doing anything to it. When I walk out of the room, Peyton was making food in the kitchen.

She was humming to song happily. "Whatcha cooking good looking?" I ask grabbing her attention.

"Eggs and bacon." I scrunch my nose towards her. She gave me a look like she didn't believe me for making that face.

"You're going to have to like Breakfast food at some point, Ashton." I shake my head towards her.

"Nope. If it's not waffles then it's not good." I try to tell her. I don't know why, but I've never liked breakfast food.

The only thing my mom could get me to eat was waffles and that's the only thing I'll eat to this day.

"You're delusional." She insults. I don't care, I'll defend my thoughts on it. She looks over at me and sees I'm dressed.

She then furrows her eyebrows towards me. "Where are you going?" She questioned.

"Colby called and asked to hang out so I'm going over to his house." She gives me a knowing look.

I hope and pray she doesn't say anything. "Well, I hope you two have fun." She simply said.

I smiled while grabbing my keys. "Same to you and Zander." We share goodbyes and I head out the apartment.

I drive over towards Colby's so we could hang out. When I pull in, all I could see was his car.

That's weird, I guess Sam isn't home. I go inside the large house. "Colby?" I announce that I'm here.

A few seconds later, I hear footsteps from upstairs. I look to see Colby coming out of his room.

He had black skinny jeans on and he was shirtless. His hair was wet so I'm assuming he showered.

"There she is." He smiled towards me. He got off the stairs and came over to me.