thirty-one

"Finished. Tell me what you think." I opened my eyes and looked at the mirror.

Peyton just got done doing my makeup for the Halloween party. We were at the boys house, currently getting ready.

There were gray sparkles and glitter all over my face. I think it looks good, I don't know how she does it.

"This looks amazing, thanks P." I smile towards her. She also made my hair into alien buns so it looks good.

My alien costume was honestly really cute. I look over at her outfit to see she's wearing a female version of Pennywise.

Zander is wearing the male version so they were going to match. Sam and Kat were going to be Sharkboy and Lavagirl so I was excited to see it.

Nolan was going to be a referee since he's the only single one and has no one to dress up with.

"You ready to get your party on?" Peyton asked smiling while standing up. I nodded as I went down stairs.

Colby and Nolan were setting up the alcohol while Sam and Kat were setting up beer pong.

Stas and Luke were setting up the music while Zander walked in with more alcohol.

I couldn't wait for this patty. It was honestly going to be a blast. Whenever we got done setting up, we turned the music on and started pregaming.

Slowly but surely, everyone started coming over. Everyone was dressed up in different costumes.

I honestly loved seeing what everyone was dressed up as. While Sam and Colby made their rounds, our group hung out in the kitchen.

As we drank in the kitchen, we talked about our favorite moments from different parties.

As we talked, a girl walked in and looked at us. Kat must've known her because they started talking.

"Who is that?" I ask Stas in her ear. "Her name's Amber. That's one of Colby's friends." I furrow my eyebrows towards her.

Amber was gorgeous. Tan skin, face full of make up, just pretty all around. I wonder why he never told me about her.

As she talked to Kat, Colby came up behind her. She turned to look at him and started smiling widely.

"Colby!" She wrapped her arms around his neck. I could feel the anger start to boil in my blood.

"Ashton." I hear Nolan from beside me. I look at my brother, seeing red. He mouthed at me who that was and I just shrugged.

I just inhale a deep breath and head over towards the couch. I couldn't stand to see her talking to him like that.

As I walked to the couch, I had my pink whitney bottle. I poured myself another cup and sat down.

As I chugged my drink, my brother came to me. We talked about it for a little bit as we get drunk.

I probably shouldn't be drinking when I'm mad but I didn't care. The more I drank, the more angry I got.

After an hour of drinking, I figured I could find Colby. I haven't seen him in a while.

I walked around the whole first level and he was nowhere. I found Sam outside playing beer pong with Kat, Stas, and Luke.

"Have you guys seen Colby?" I ask. Sam thinks about it for a second.

"I think I saw him go upstairs." He informs me. I nod my head and thank him as I head that way.

I stagger up the steps and towards his room. The door was cracked so I barely pushed it open.

Colby wasn't alone in his room, Amber was next to him. I look to see she was wearing his clothes.

Why was she wearing his clothes? She said something in his ear and then kissed his cheek.

I could feel the tears come to my eyes as I watched. "What the fuck?" I whisper.

It was loud enough to hear so they looked over towards me. "Fuck. Ashton!" By the time he yelled my name, I was down the hall.

I don't know what to think right now and the alcohol isn't helping. Colby kept yelling my name while I ran outside the party.

"Ashton, let me explain." He pleaded. I turned to him with tears in my eyes.

I had a big knot in my throat. "Explain why Amber has been all over you? Why she kissed you and is wearing your clothes?"

I never saw this coming in a million years. "You're reading it wrong, baby." I started shaking my head towards him.

"Don't fucking call me that when you cheated on me with her!" I yelled at him.

He looked at me surprised that I would yell at him. "I wouldn't cheat on you and you know that." He spoke softly.

"You were with her all fucking night. How come I didn't know about her until tonight?" I ask causing him to step back.

He was quiet for a moment which told me everything. "That's what I thought." I start to back away from him.

"Ashton, you have to trust me." I shake my head towards him. "How can I after you fucked her!" I accused him.

I could see anger come over on his face. "Why would I fuck her? Ashton please, just let me explain." He pleaded.

"I can't trust you." A tear rolls down my face. I could tell he was upset with me.

"You act like you're so fucking perfect." He spits in my face. More tears go down my face when he says that.

"You have to face your daddy issues sooner or later." When he said that, I could feel my heart break.

I can't believe he brought that up. "Fuck you, we're done." I cry out. I pull my phone out and call an Uber.

Once it gets here, I get in the back and leave. I feel bad for leaving Zander's party early, I just don't want to be here with Colby.

I can't believe Colby and I broke up and he cheated on me. I silently cried as the Uber drove me back to the apartment.

Once I get there, I thanked him and walked up to my apartment. I change my clothes and lay in my bed.

As I laid on my bed, staring at my ceiling while all my friends partied, that's when I realized how alone I am right now.

Colby cheated on me tonight with Amber. I lost my everything tonight. My chest hurts so bad just thinking about it.

I was hoping this was just a drunk fight, but I know it's not. We're over. Colby's not in my life anymore.

I started crying into my pillow, eventually tiring myself out to where I fall asleep.

The next day I had the worst hangover ever. I threw up a couple times and had a pounding headache.

My phone had a lot of messages on them, but not from Colby. Around, eight that night, I heard the door open and close.

I look to see it was the girls. "Hey, where'd you go last night?" Peyton asked looking at me.

They looked at me worriedly. My eyes started tearing up while my lip quivered while I thought about it.

"Colby cheated on me and we broke up." I cry. They all gasp and rush over towards me.

Even though Kat and Stas were friends with Colby first, I'm happy to have them.

I think right now, I need the extra support because I've never been this heartbroken.

I never saw this day coming. This reason is the reason why I'm scared of getting attached to anyone.

Colby's right though, I do have daddy issues and it fucked me up and now I have trust issues.

As I sat there, crying in the girl's arms, I felt my guard start to go back up.

I vow to never fall in love again.

end of book one