twenty-seven

The bass of the music was rocking. I was so happy everyone could make it out to my birthday party the boys planned out for me.

I couldn't believe how many people showed up to it. I had been drinking for the past hour and a half and I was feeling it.

As I was dancing with Stas in the living room, I saw Colby come over towards us.

Ever since our date and hooking up, we couldn't be happier. It was also hard to separate us.

We've been together almost every second. Everyone's annoyed with us, but we don't care.

"You're needed in the kitchen birthday girl." Colby rasped in my ear.

I nodded and looked over at Stas. "Wanna come with?" She nodded and followed us into the kitchen.

When I went in there, I saw Nolan standing in there with a cake. I started smiling widely.

Colby helped me on the counter as the music started to die down. Colby stood up on the counter with us, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Look, I know we did this a month ago, but I don't care." Colby looks down at me, slinging his arm around my shoulders.

"But today is a special person's birthday." He smiled towards me.

I stayed quiet while he spoke to everyone. "Today is my lovely girlfriends birthday so please help me sing happy birthday to her."

He counted down and the whole place erupted in singing me happy birthday. I now know how Nolan feels whenever everyone sang him happy birthday.

It was an amazing feeling. Once they were done, I blew out the candles. Everyone started cheering, making me smile.

As I got off the counter, everyone started partying again. The group and myself all stood in the kitchen and took multiple shots.

Let me tell you, the boys really know how to throw a party. We were all up, drinking and partying until the sun came up.

Colby and I didn't lay down until seven that morning. For the next couple of days, I spent it hungover at Colby's.

Most of us spent the day laying around in pain. The hangover was definitely worth it.

Once I was feeling better, my mom wanted to have a homecooked meal for me.

So at the moment, Colby and I are currently on the way to her house.

"I'm so excited to have your moms cooking." He smiled while thinking about it.

I laughed while I kept my eyes on the road. "I'm sure she's excited to see you." I tease him.

Even though I'm teasing him, I know my mom truly loves him. I don't think I've ever seen my mom like a guy this much.

I think she's starting to look at her as one of her own, and I love it honestly.

When we walk inside the house, I could instantly smell the meatloaf.

Nolan wasn't here yet knowing he was coming here right from work.

My mom smiles at us whenever we walked inside the kitchen.

"There's my birthday girl." My mom cheers. I laugh whenever she wraps me up in a hug.

"Mom, my birthday was two days ago." I laugh at her. She rolls her eyes whenever she pulls me away.

"I know but I didn't get to see you much for your birthday so this is making up for it." She admits to me.

I just shrug while she turns over to Colby. The two start talking to each other while I stand back to watch.

I loved seeing them get along. Once they were done catching up, she looked over at me.