ten

I talked to my boss and he said that I could take off for both the trip and Fourth of July.

He said as long as I work on either New Years or Halloween I should be fine.

I was packing my things so I could go to Colby's tonight. We're leaving early tomorrow morning so I couldn't wait.

This is my first time on the east coast so I didn't know what to expect. This is also my first time ghost hunting.

I told my mom and Nolan about it during lunch today and they seemed excited. Before I go to Colby's, she's making a home cooked meal.

She tries to say how it's not fair that she hasn't met Colby yet. I invited Colby and he seemed thrilled.

He said he would meet me there so I could leave my car there.

"You're not going to bring anything back, are you?" Peyton asked while walking into my room.

I look up at her while zipping up my suitcase. "I figured I could do roommate interviews with some ghosts." I joke.

She rolls her eyes while sitting down on my bed. "If they pay rent, then it'll be good." She jokes back.

I sigh as I look at her. "You're going to be fine here by yourself for a few days, right?" I worry about her.

I know she hates being alone at night. She nodded her head towards me.

"Zander is packing his things so he can stay over here with me." I smiled at the thought of it.

"And you say he doesn't like you." Her face turned red from embarrassment.

Before she could deny anything, I got a text from Nolan. He said that he just got to moms.

I frown while standing up. "I hate to say it but I better get there before Colby does so he doesn't get harassed." I half joke.

"With Nolan there, he's still going to get harassed." Peyton did have a point. I give her a hug goodbye, promising again that I'll be safe.

I take my bags to my car and start to head to my moms. She didn't live too far.

It took me twenty minutes to get there so when I pull in, I luckily didn't see Colby's car.

I climb out the car and walk into the house. Colby said he was about here. "Ashton?" I hear my mothers voice.

"Nope, a burgler." I smile as I walk into the kitchen. My brother was sitting on the kitchen stool while my mom cooked.

She turned to look at me and noticed it was just me, a frown coming to her face. "Is he not coming?" She sadly asked.

"He's about here, stuck in traffic." I inform her. I leaned over the island, next to my brother.

"Can you not bombard him with questions when he gets here?" I ask hopeful.

Now she looks upset I said that. "Now where's the fun in that?" Nolan started laughing loudly.

Before I could say anything, the doorbell rang. A big ass smile grew on my moms face.

"This should be good." Nolan mumbled under his breath causing me to push him.

"Nolan, watch the food. I wanna meet him." My mom says happily. My mom and I give each other a look and race each other to the door.

Luckily, I beat her to the door. I catch my breath and open the door. I was surprised to see Colby standing there with flowers.

"What are these?" I ask shocked. My mom was gasping behind me. "I brought these for your mom for cooking dinner."