nine

I was currently in the tattoo parlor, looking for something to get. Colby was here with me because he wanted to be here for me.

It's been a couple days since the fight and his cuts have went away. His eye is still black so every time he goes out, he wears sunglasses.

"You should get that one." He points to one. About half of my tattoos have meaning, the other half I thought were pretty.

I look to the one he was pointing at. It was a cresent moon but the center of it showed the side profile of a skull.

I thought it was actually pretty dope looking. I started smiling and picked it out. The tattoo artist, Daniel, asked where I want it and how big.

I told him I want it to be a decent size and that I want it along my side, in between my armpit and hip.

He said he was going to put it on the stencil and he'll come get me when he's done.

I love Daniel, I've been coming to him for years and I've never been nervous.

"You nervous?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "I trust him." I shrug towards him.

We make small conversation while we wait. A few minutes later, he said he was ready for me.

The both of us followed us back to Daniels spot. "It's good to see you again, Ashton. I see you brought a new friend this time." Daniel made conversation.

"Yeah, this is Colby." I introduce Colby to Daniel. They shake each other's hands while I lay in the chair.

I lay on my right side so I can have it on my left side. I roll my shirt up so he could tattoo in the spot.

"It kinda worries me how you don't look nervous." Colby laughs a little bit.

Daniel nods his head in agreement when he puts the stencil on my skin.

"I know, it used to worry me too. She's a tough one though." He hyped me up.

He put the gloves on and grabbed his tattoo gun. "Don't stop, keep saying good things about me." I joke with them.

While Daniel tattoos me, we all make conversation. For a while, Daniel and Colby talked about Colby's youtube.

It was fun listening to them talk about paranormal stuff and making youtube videos.

I was quiet while they talked to each other. "You doing okay, Ashton?" Colby asked.

I smile towards him. "Yeah, of course." I mean, yes, it hurts a little bit.

But it's a pain I'm willing to get. A few hours later, the tattoo is finally finished.

Daniel took a picture of it and showed me. It looked super good, like usual.

"I would tell you everything but I know you know everything." Daniel laughed while bandaging it.

I make sure to thank him while paying for the tattoo. We walk out together, Colby looking at me.

I could feel myself start to get insecure. "What?" I ask while getting into my car.

"Nothing, I'm surprised with how well you took it." I just shrug while pulling out.

It was quiet for a moment while I drove. "Do you care if we go to Target. I have some stuff to pick up." Colby asked.

I nodded my head knowing Target was close. "Of course." He thanked me while I drove.

When we get to Target, we grab a buggy. This is actually really good cause I need to pick some stuff up too.

This is the thing with Colby, everything feels so normal with him. We could be shoping like this together, and it feels normal.