seventeen

I look around to see I'm in the Conjuring house. My heart starts racing while I notice I was alone.

"Colby!" My voice echos throughout the house. I heard a faint yell from the basement.

I recognized the voice coming from Colby so I instantly ran down there so I can help him.

"Colby, are you okay?" I yell while going down there. When I looked down the hallway, all I could see was the little boy.

My heart was pounding in my chest as I looked at him. He started growing and getting bigger while his neck started to bend.

I jolt awake and look around to see I was in my room. It was a nightmare. Even though I knew it was a nightmare, I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I grabbed my phone off the charger and dialed the first number I could think of.

It rang for a moment or two and then I heard something. "Hello?" I heard Colby rasp towards me.

"Colby?" I breathe out. I hate to wake him, I just need to hear his voice.

"Ashton, are you okay?" I could hear a little worry in his voice. I sniffled while wiping a tear from my eye.

"I just had a nightmare and wanted to make sure you were okay." I sadly tell him.

I hear some shuffling from the other line. "I'm coming over to check on you." I heard him say.

I shook my head even though he couldn't see. "You don't have to, hearing your voice was enough." I try to tell him.

"I don't care, Ash. I'll be there soon." He hung up before I could say anything else.

I sat in bed while I waited for Colby. I think the only reason why I got the nightmare was because the boys are posting tomorrow.

All of the memories are coming back. I could hear light footsteps come to my door so I look over to see it was Colby.

I quickly get out of bed and rush over towards him. I wrap my arms around him as he did the same.

He rubbed my back so he could make sure I was calmed down a little bit. Once I had calmed down, I pulled away from the embrace.

"You okay?" He asked as I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. It just really freaked me out." I tell him.

We move over to my bed so we could be more comfortable. "You don't have to be sorry, I totally understand." He frowned.

I bring my knees to my chest while looking at him. "It's weird, I never had something affect me like this." I think out loud.

He frowned while I spoke to him. "I used to get nightmares after getting arrested so I totally understand." He assures me.

"I just want you to know you're not alone. You have me and Sam plus the girls." He promised to me.

I look at him softly as we sit on the bed. "Do you mind staying the night? I don't want to be alone." I ask softly.

He nodded his head while taking his shoes off. He climbs into my bed and pats the spot next to him.

I scoot closer to him and rest my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat in his chest.

"Thank you so much." I thank him. It's five in the morning and he drove all the way out here so he could make sure I'm okay.

He started rubbing my back which was starting to calm me down. I appreciate him so much.

I eventually fell asleep, feeling safe in his arms. When I woke up, we were in a different position.

We were spooning and he was holding me securely. I don't know how it feels so safe in his arms.