Five

After Aiden left, I placed my empty coffee cup in the sink and walked to my bedroom. I am not ready for this.

I stood in front of my nightstand, my cellphone in my hand, and I can't stop shaking. What else has this man said to me?

I really don't want to start my day off with more threats.

The home screen lit up , I waited a few moments and... Nothing. Not a single message from him. Only one from femme. I could have sworn he'd message me back. Not that i'm upset about it, but still...

ILoveFemmeBoys
Morning, beautiful. Have a good day <3

Another knock on my apartment door brings me back to reality. I'll answer femme after.

"Who's here now," I mumbled, slightly annoyed and just wanting to be alone. I ran my fingers through my hair and walked to the front door and opened it with a sigh.

"Good afternoon, I have a package for Mr. Greyson Adler." The man said.

"That's me. Thanks."

I grabbed it from him and closed the door.

The box is black, definitely not small, but not very heavy. There's a red ribbon tied perfectly around it. It's unmarked besides my delivery address in the top corner.

Doesn't look very familiar, unless one of my sites got different packaging...

I walked into my kitchen, placing the box down to grab a pair of scissors. I cut each end of the bow, causing it to fall onto the counter.

The lid of the box just lifts right off, so with slow hands I remove it, but the... The smell.

"What the fuck is that?" I said as it came off. The smell is so foul, so... Rotten. Oh god.

I cover my nose and mouth in the crook of my arm, backing away to gag in the sink.

Once I'm able to stop gagging, I grab a pair of tongs and keep my nose plugged. I inch slowly towards the box, pushing the rest of the lid off and onto the counter.

I carefully peer into the dark box and see pink and white confetti, soaked in a red substance. "oh my god." Using the tongs, I move the pieces over and see a note.

It read, "A token of my love."

I move the barely legible note, and see... Is that a heart?!

My face pales at the sight. I drop the tongs in the box, shakily backing away into the counter behind me. My body shaking uncontrollably as I puke into my sink.

A heart?! This has to be him... But... But how does he know my address? He knows where I live? Tears blur my vision as I run out of the kitchen and into my bedroom. I slam the door shut and rest my back against the cool white wood, trying to catch my breath.

What do I do?! Fuck, I can't bring this to the cops he's bound to find out... If I stop talking to femme, he's still not going to stop unless I only give him my attention. I can't do that. I don't think I can face this man anymore. Who does something like this?

Suddenly my phone chimes in my pocket, nearly making me jump out of my skin. I pull it out and see a new message on the lock screen.

Pat
Hey, I'm sorry about the other day. Can we talk?

Anger boils inside me as I read his words. Now he wants to talk?!

I unlock the phone and begin furiously typing.

Me
Oh, you're sorry? That's fucking nice. You didn't seem too sorry at the beach the other day. You know, when you barely acknowledged my existence? Since when did you get a girlfriend? And why didn't you tell me? Actually you know what, I don't care. You can go fuck right off. I don't want anything to do with you right now.

Pat
Please, Grey... I'm sorry for upsetting you. Please just talk to me.

Me
What don't you get about what I said? FUCK OFF!

I exited the conversation, overwhelmed with my emotions.

There's only one person I want to talk to right now.

I opened up femmes message and clicked the small voice call icon.

It rings... And rings... And...

"Hello?"

His deep, soothing voice rings out on the other end. Oh thank god.

"Sweetheart, are you there? Is everything alright?" My heart swelled at the worried tone in his voice.

"I-I'm here. Um, no everything's not that great..." I started. "I hope this isn't a bad time?" I asked questioningly.

"I'll always have time for you. Let me just goto my office, one sec. Okay?" He said.

I hummed in response, moving to sit on my bed with my legs curled to my chest.

"Alright, sweetheart. What's wrong?" He asked sincerely. At least I hope it was sincere.

"Um I got... I got something.. I-I-In the mail... A... A pa-package."

"Hey, just relax okay? I can't understand you. Take a few deep breath's for me, alright? In... Out... Good, just like that."

Feeling slightly more relaxed I begin speaking again. "I got something in the... Mail. It was um... It was disturbing and i'm worried about you, that someone's going to try and hurt you or... Or my family."

"Hang on, why would someone hurt your family? Or me?" He asked curiously.

"That guy... I think it's him... MrFeelGood. He knows where I live... He sent me a... A heart. There's blood... Lots of blood..." I spoke with tears in my eyes, and fear in my voice.

"Has he done something to make you think this could be him?"

"He threatened me, he said if I told anyone I wouldn't like what happens... Oh my god what if he's listening to the call?!" I shouted. "I have to go!" I said frantically.

"Wait!-"

I didn't wait for him to finish his sentence. I ended the call and shut off my phone.

After a few minutes of crying, I got up and marched into the kitchen. Holding my breath, I put the lid back on the box and threw it into a plastic garbage bag, tieing it tightly.

I threw on my shoes, walked into the building parking lot and threw it in the large garbage bin.