Twenty One

This is it, guys. The final chapter
___________________

Greyson

I've been in the hospital for two days now. Ben was reluctant on spending the night because of my parents and my brother. He didn't want to upset them anymore than they already were. Which in my opinion, is complete bullshit. Ben did nothing wrong. He didn't ask for this to happen and it's not his fault.

I haven't let my parents back here the past two days, I just don't even want to see them. Not until they're willing to apologize to him.

They've constantly had two officers standing outside of my room door since I've been admitted here, which is comforting to know that no one can just sneak in here. I've spent a lot of my time sleeping, trying to strengthen my body, which is slowly feeling better.

Since breaking down to Ben the other night, I've cried a few times. Sometimes at night, quiet enough to not wake Ben and worry him. I've never seen him look so tired. He deserves to sleep for as long as he can after everything he's done for me.

I even offered him to sleep in bed with me, more so for my own comfort but he didn't want to risk hurting me. I guess it makes sense, I just wish he could hold me though. It's been a rough few days, that's for sure.

Ben was startled awake when a nurse came in to bring me lunch, for a minute he looked terrified that something had happened, but once he saw the nurse placing my food on the tray, he relaxed, squeezing my hand in comfort.

"Morning, sleepyhead." I gave him a small smile, squeezing his hand in return.

"Hey, kitten." He gave me a relieved grin back. "Sleep okay?"

"Yeah, good as I can I guess. It's easier then it was the other night."

"Have you been up long?"

"Mm, not really. An hour or two maybe?"

"You should have woke me up." He spoke with displeasure.

"You clearly needed the sleep, plus I'm right here, I can't really go anywhere." I laughed.

"Smartass." He tsked.

The nurse slid the tray over my bed, taking the plastic lid off of my food. A bland tuna sandwich, a small salad, a green jello and a tiny bottle of orange juice.

I grimaced at the sandwich. Tuna in my opinion is disgusting. Hate it with a fucking passion, but I'm in no place to complain I guess.

I thanked the nurse who nodded with a smile before leaving my room.

I ate in quiet for a while, then decided to turn the tv on to a random movie playing on the show case channel. Thankfully it wasn't some depressing murder movie, even though I love them I don't think I could handle seeing anything like that just yet.

Ben leaned back in his chair that was by my bed, putting his feet up on the corner. We watched the movie, talking in between. Nothing in particular, just small talk about random things.

After a while my mind wandered to my earlier words of me telling Ben that I love him. I can't believe I said that to him already. I just couldn't leave this world without him knowing how I really felt. I know he hasn't said it back yet, and I don't really expect him to because we still don't know a whole lot about eachother, but I feel like we've already gone through so much together.