Ten

"Patrick?" I questioned.

What the hell is he doing here?

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I uh... I tried stopping by your apartment but you weren't there. I assumed you'd be working." He said.

"Well I was working, and now i'm leaving. I don't even know why you stopped by, i'm done, Pat. " I spoke, already irritated by his presence. I turned around to walk away but Patrick's hand roughly grabbed my wrist, stopping my movements.

"What the hell, let go!" I yelled.

"I just want to talk, Grey. Come on!" He shouted back.

Suddenly a different hand came down over my shoulder, giving me a reassuring squeeze. I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized it was Ben standing beside me.

"Do we have a problem here?" Bennett asked.

"And who the hell are you?" Patrick seethed.

"I don't think that's any of your business, Pat! Just leave me alone! Seriously!" I said.

"Aw am I ruining your little date, Grey Grey? Is this even a date or are you just whoring yourself around? Did he pay you to go out with him? Is that what this is?!"

"Are you fucking kidding me? Who are you? Because you're not the same guy from a month ago! Whoring myself around? Are you fucking serious!? When have you even known me to be like that you piece of shit!" I screamed.

Bennet's voice cut in fiercely. His hand tightening in my shoulder, tugging me closer to him.

"You'll take your hand off of Grey if you know what's good for you. I've got a temper and trust me, you don't want to see it. Now take your fucking hand off of him before I remove it myself." He took a breath before continuing. Moving a few inches closer to Patrick.

"And if you ever speak to him like that again, were going to have a serious problem." Ben spoke in a steady, neutral tone.

Even though he wasn't yelling or screaming at him, I could sense the truth behind each and every one of his words. He pushed him back and he let go of the grip on my wrist.

Damn, he's a little scary. I wouldn't want to be on his bad side. Not that I think he'd ever hurt me. I don't think I've had anyone stand up to me like that before.

Patrick has, I guess. But this is different. I can't explain it. He feels more genuine, more meaningful? I don't know.

"Fine! Fuck, Grey. You're so... You know what, whatever! You can go fuck yourself, I just wanted to talk but you're being an immature little bitch!" Pat shouted.

"Come on, beautiful. You don't want to surround yourself with a lowlife assholes like him. Let's go." Ben said, giving me his heart stopping smile, holding his hand out for me to take.

"Ben... I, I can't..." I started.

"You can, and you will. Don't worry sweetheart. You're going to be safe. Everything will be okay." He took my hand, kissing my knuckles sweetly. I smiled at the gesture, intertwining my fingers with his.

I gave him a nervous smile and followed him out of the restaurant.

He opened the door to a slick cherry red Mercedes. Ask me what kind? Not a clue. I don't know cars worth shit.

"Thank you." I said quietly as I got into the passenger side.

I took a look around as he was walking to the to the drivers side. The interior is creamy off white leather and not a single spec of dust on it.