Sixteen

"Right this way." The detective said, leading me into a small room with just a table and two chairs.

"There will be officers watching, but if any case of an emergency, there's a button under the table right here," he showed me. "Press if if you feel you are unsafe and an officer will be right in." He said.

"O-Okay. Thanks." I responded.

I sat there for a good ten minutes, fiddling my thumbs against the table, tapping me leg nervously on the ground.

The door creeked open, and an officer led Patrick to the seat across from me. He cuffed his hands to the table so he is unable to get to me.

I kept my eyes on the ground until finally I looked up to see Patrick watching me like a hawk.

I took a shaky breath before finally feeling able to speak. "W-Why did you do it?" I asked.

"Y-You have to believe me, Grey. None of the stuff they found was mine." He said.

"No, you're right. It wasn't yours. It was mine!" I said angrily.

"How could you do this to me? We've been friends for years, Pat. What happened to you?" I asked, biting my lip to hold the tears at bay.

"I-I... I swear Grey, s-someome planted the stuff in my house!" He shouted.

"Someone planted it? Yeah that's fucking rich." I laughed humorlessly.

"G-Grey, please..." He started.

"Why the fuck should I believe you?! You had... You had my fucking dildos, dude! You had my fucking underwear, a whole book of photos! You... You saw me naked!" I shouted.

"I'll tell you the truth. I did take your underwear... The purple ones. I just saw them and I... I needed them. I uh, I did also see you naked. I...ahem, I saw you online. I knew it was you because of your bedroom. But I don't know about any collage!" He cried.

"You watched me? Why the hell would you watch me!" I questioned.

"It was really an accident... I didn't mean to, you were like on a trending page and I've um, never seen anything like it." He blushed.

"So then want to explain to me why you've been a colossal douche bag the last month?!" I said angrily.

"I found your page a-about a month ago. I guess I got jealous? I don't know. I've never been into dudes. It fucked me up. All I could think about was you, so I got a girlfriend and I thought being an asshole was the only way I could stop thinking about you. But the bar, uh, when I got there some guy cornered me in the alley with a knife and told me to cause a scene with you and I did... He told me if I didn't he'd kill me. Grey, you have to believe me. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Even if you didn't take those things, that doesn't change the fact that you've been a horrible friend. You've hurt me, made me cry, made me feel useless and I needed you! You don't even know what's been going on in my life, and on top of losing you as a friend, I've been worrying for my family, and my boyfriend's life!" I yelled, aggressively wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Boyfriend?" He whispered.

Damn we've been calling eachother boyfriend's and we haven't even talked about it yet. "Yes, boyfriend!" I seethed.

"Is it that guy? From the bar?" He asked.

"I don't think that's any of your concern anymore." I stated.

"I'll take that as a yes, then." He responded.

"Take it whatever way you want, Patrick. I'm done with this conversation, you've cleared up a lot of things for me. I'm glad you're not my stalker, but you've done some fucked up things and I don't know if I can forgive you." I said, standing from my seat.