[4] Missing

The next day I woke up and quickly got to the office. I searched the name and called the household of the Cunningham. I tapped the table as I waited for someone to answer.

Once it did I jumped "hey it's Y/N. I was wondering if Chrissy eventually went home last night?" I asked

"No... We've been calling around but no one knows. We just filled a missing person report" Mr. Cunningham said. My heart dropped to my stomach.

"Oh... is there anything I can do?" I asked

"Ask friends from school to see if they know. We'll keep you updated."

"Yea I'll ask around later. I gotta go now. Bye"

"Thank you. Bye"

I hung up and looked at Ricky who had just come from his room.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

"No uh- Chrissy's missing" I sighed. "She didn't come home last night and I don't know where she is either" I laughed at myself for how clueless I was in this situation. The laughter then turned into me crying. I quickly wiped the tears away and sighed.

I lifted the keys from the table and onto my hand. "Wanna go to the store?" I asked. Rickey smiled and nodded his head. I got in my car and drove to the closest convenient store. We got out and I waved at the cashier Yami.

I walked through the isles looking at the snacks. I got 2 bags of big league chew, a candy necklace, and corn diggers. Ricky came up to me holding Jiffy Pop. "So, I know your upset and I was just wondering if you wanted to watch a movie today to get your mind off of... the situation," he said anxiously.

I smiled at him and nodded my head. His face lit up and he went back into the aisle to get more snacks. He came back shortly after and we went to the register.

"That would be... $1.29."

"Can you put it on our tab Yami?" I asked

"Yea, when is your sister gonna pay?" She asked as she placed our items in a bag.

"Sometime this month," I responded

"Have you heard of the girl that's missing?" Yami asked.

"Yea... I did" I sighed. I got the bag and waved her goodbye. We got back in the car and made our way over to a video store where Steve works at.

"There's my favorite customer!" He exclaims going around the counter.

"Hey Steve, hey robin" I greeted. "Do you guys by any chance know where Chrissy is?"

"No, the last time I saw her was at the game" Robbin said

"Yea, I saw her leaving the game but that's about it. You heard the news?" Steve asked

"Yea, that's why I'm asking. Ricky decided to have a movie night to help cheer me up." I sighed

"I'm so sorry Y/N. I'm sure they'll find her." Robbin reassured.

"I hope so" I gave them both a hug and Ricky came up. "Wanna watch Footloose?" He asked

"I thought you hated musicals," I said leaning on the counter.

"For you. I'll make an exemption." Ricky smiled. I placed my arms over his shoulder and put the movie on the counter. "Wow," Steve said, "One more movie and the next one would be half off!"

I laughed at the face he was making and paid. I waved my friends goodbye and left the store.

I got to the house but didn't turn off the car. "Hey Ricky, I'm gonna ask around to see if anyone's seen, Chrissy. I'll be home in a bit though." Ricky nodded his head and went in.