[20] Hidden past

Little Y/N and her father went to the deep part of Hawkins for a father-daughter work day. This isn't a usual thing but her father decided it would be best since he wants her to continue his work once he passes.

He scans the card and they walk in. Y/N held onto his hand the entire time. "What the hell are you doing? You know kids can't be in here" an unknown voice said.

"It's just for today. You know why" her father responded. They walked into the building. It was cold inside, and there was a hint of dread in the air. They walked in and went into an office room.

Y/N peeked over the desk to see the papers. They were filled with words and numbers. "Don't touch those" he said sternly, taking the paper away.

Y/N stood still watching her father. Her attention span fell short and she quickly got bored. She looked around the room and saw a TV in the corner.

There she saw surveillance footage of kids in a room. They all dressed the same and have the same hairstyle. "Can I play with them?" She asked, pointing to the Tv.

Her dad looked at her and then turned it off. "Be patient" he said. He got back to the papers and wrote down on a few of them.

Once he finished he took Y/N's hands and they went out. They walked down the cold hallway again. Y/N looked around as they walked. Soon they passed by someone. Y/N look up at him, she noticed he was wearing all white. He had blonde hair that was slick-backed.

"Morning Dr. L/N," the man said

"Morning" Y/N's father responded. They kept walking and passed by a big room. Y/N peeked in and saw the children she saw on the TV.

"Dad-"

"Do not go in there." He said sternly. He gripped her hand tighter and dragged her along the hallway. They walked into a room with a double-sided mirror.

On the other side was a kid. They had a contraption on their head and stared at a cage with a cat inside. "Y/N," her father said "I want you to watch"

Y/N nodded her head and stared. The kid, who was only a few years younger than her. Stared at the cat. They seemed to struggle. Y/N looked at her dad confused

But he kept staring and watching. She turned back to the kid. They took off the contraption and shook their head. The other people in the room sighed and a few people went into the room the kid was and took her away.

Y/N looked back at her dad but he took her arm and brought her out the room. They walked for a bit when the lights started to flicker.

They stopped walking and her dad looked around. He took off his keycard and gave it to Y/N. "I need to go to the end of the hallway, turn right, then left. There should be a hallway of rooms. I need you to go to the second room alright?!"

She nodded her head and made her way over there. Her dad raced to the other side of the building knowing that it was an emergency.

She did the correct turns but paused at the hallway. The second room from the end... or the second room from where she's at?

She walked to the end of the hallway and used the key card. She got inside and flipped the light switch. There were many things in the room. A few jars with items inside, metal objects, and boxes. She was instantly attracted to a device that glowed red. She slowly made her way over there. She grabbed it and stared at the light.

She then had an urge. The urge to twist the top off. She looked around, making sure no one was there. And opened it.

There was a huge flash and she fell over. She knocked down a bunch of things in the process and blacked out.

She woke up a few minutes later to the man in the hallway tapping her. She stayed quiet, staring at him. He helped her up and stared at her.

"Did you just touch that?" He asked

"It- It was an accident-"

"No, no." He knelt down "it's alright. Where did the thing go."

"I don't know"

He sighed and grabbed something from a shelf. "This is going to hurt for a second" he then injected a needle into her. It was too fast for her to react so she just stared, and stayed quiet.

Once he finished he placed his hands back on her shoulder. "This. Never. Happened. You can't tell anyone"

"Can't tell anyone what?" She asked

"That you opened that, and whatever is going to come with it."

"What's going to come with it?"

"Something I can't explain. But you cannot tell anyone. Or else you'll be stuck here. And this isn't a good place"

"But- my dad works here"

"That doesn't make it safe." He grabbed another object and pointed it at her face "remember. Don't. Tell. Anyone" with that he clicked a button and a flash went off.

Her body fell to the floor and she was unconscious. Peter sighed and carried her out of the room. He laid her in the hallway where he screamed for help. He pretended like he found her there. The guards took him away, not believing him. Her father quickly took her to the infirmary.

*time jump*

Y/N woke up in her room. She slowly got out of bed and was attracted to the kitchen with the sound of grease popping.

I peeked around the corner to find my mother, making dinner. "Hey Y/N." she greeted "you've been out for a very long time"

"Yes," my father said, sitting on the couch reading a newspaper. "Almost made me forget I had a daughter!" He laughed.

"Dinners are almost ready sweety, you can come with me to pick up Ricky from daycare!"

"Okay!" Y/N smiled. She wanted to grab a toy so she ran to a toy box. There she tripped on something and hit a table. It wobbles and a glass vase of flowers fell over and shattered on the floor.

Everything went quiet. She slowly looked up at her mom who looked terrified and had her hand covering her mouth, her dad stopped laughing and stared at her. The tension was thick.

"Did you just break? A very expensive vase?" He asked.

"I'm sorry," Y/N said scared. "I'll go clean it up!"

"It's alright" he smiled. "Go clean yourself up. I'll go clean this"

Y/N got up and walked from the bathroom to the kitchen. Before she could her dad grabbed the back of my shirt and flung me to a wall. "YOU THINK YOU CAN WALK AWAY FROM ME?" He yelled. "FIRST YOU EMBARRASSED ME AT WORK, AND NOW YOU BREAK SOMETHING"

"I'm sorry!" Y/N cried

"Oh you are going to be"

A/N: I lowkey hate the way this is written but more chapters will come soon!