[14] Visions

We made our way over to Skull Rock. Steve and Dustin kept arguing the whole walk. Dustin said that it was up north, and showed Steve his compass. But Steve said he knows where it is, and that we're going the wrong way.

Steve then walked in front of Dustin and showed us the way he knows to the location. I honestly couldn't care less about what they were walking about. I just wanted to make sure Eddie was fine.

We got through a rough area that had lots of twigs and rocks on the ground. I held a steady conversation with Robin and Ricky as we walked.

"Wait- so people pick you up and... toss you?" Robin asked

"Pretty much." I said "there are two people on the side, they are called the 'bases'. There's a person in the back, and sometimes a person in the front. It depends on the routine"

"Okay... but- how do they toss you?" Ricky asked

"So when I'm up, my knees are straight and my legs are shoulder width. So the 'basses' bring my legs close to each other, and then they dip me an inch down, and then just toss me up" I explained

"Huh- and you don't get scared?" Robin asked

"No, not really. When I first started I did but of course, everyone get sca-" I tripped on a rock and fell on the floor. I scrapped my knee on another rock and winced at the pain. I looked at my knee and saw that blood was seeping through.

I was going to make a joke when I heard an eerie clock chime. I looked around but only saw something in the distance to my right. I couldn't make up what it was though. It was too far away. Robin helped me up and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders as we walked together.

It was hard to walk normally since the scrape hurt so bad. Thankfully we were already there. We went through a bush and Steve got excited and rubbed it on Dustin's face that he was right. I laughed and looked around, not seeing Eddie.

Before I could ask where he was Eddie jumped down from a rock behind us, scaring me. He playfully called Dustin a 'butthead' and even though it hurt, I ran up to Eddie and hugged him.

"We thought you were a goner," I said still hugging him. "Yea... me too" Eddie sighed. We let go of each other so Dustin and Ricky could also greet their friend.

Eddie and I sat down on a rock. I cleaned my knee with a bottle of water and a band-aid Max brought while Eddie explained what happened. How Jason was chasing him and that Patrick was killed in front of their eyes.

"Do you know... what time the attack happened?" Asked Nancy

"Yes, I know exactly what time it happened because..." Eddie took off his watch and gave it to Nancy "the walkie wasn't the only thing that got soaked."

Everyone then puzzled together that the surge of energy they had from the night before was Venca attacking Patrick.

The topic of the conversation changed a lot from there, we then started talking about ways we would kill Venca, and then about El, and how helpful it would have been if she still had her powers.

"I have powers" I added

"But will that work?" Nancy asked

"It could be but they're not like El's," Max said

"Hey, uh, Henderson not, uh, cursed is he?" Eddie asked as he watched Dustin walk back and forth.

"Cursed? No, no. He's fine. Mental? Absolutely." Steve answered.

"Hey, guys... what was the major thing that indicated that someone is cursed again?" Before I could get my answer Dustin screamed at the top of his lungs.

"Boom!" We all jumped and looked at him. "Bada... bada... boom. I was right! Skull Rock was north!"

"Seriously? Your serious?" Steve argued "this is skull rock! Okay? Your totally absolutely 100% wrong right now!"

"Yes!" Dustin agreed "and no! This compact worked correctly when we left the L/N's. It was correct when we got in the car in Curly. But it started to slip the further east we went. Now... it's way off! When I was leading us here, I wasn't wrong. The compass was!"

"So? You are using faulty equipment. Your still wrong!" Steve added

"Except it isn't faulty!" Dustin argued back "Lucas, remember what can affect a compass?"

"An electrical magnetic field..." Lucas answered

"Yep!" Dustin smiled

"Sorry, I must have skipped that class," Robin said

"In the presence of a stronger electromagnetic field, the needle will deflect towards that power. So either there's some super big magnet around here or" Dustin said.

"There's a gate" Ricky finished.

"But we're nowhere near the lab," Nancy added

"But what if- somehow, there's another gate? A gate that we don't know about." Ricky said "It would have to be smaller. Way less powerful"

"Snack-size gate!" Robin smiled

"How... why?" I asked

"No idea. All I know is that something is causing this disturbance, and the last time we've seen anything like it, was a gate. And I hope it is because then we'd have a way to Vecna. And a shot at freeing max from this curse." Dustin said. He then walked into the woods and we all just followed him. Eddie is behind us.

We made a quick stop at the car to change the batteries on Max's Walkman. I grabbed mine that I had in the car and planned on giving it to Eddie when this is all over since the other one got ruined when he fell off the boat. From there we all followed Dustin back into the woods where he lead us to who knows where for who knows how long.

The whole walk I talked with Eddie. We weren't really on a specific topic but I liked that I was able to finally speak with him after a few days.

It was now dark. We turned on our flashlights and kept behind Dustin. Eddie and I walked a bit faster so we were right behind him.

"I think we're getting close!" Dustin smiled. He then suddenly stopped. I didn't notice this at first and almost fell forward into the water. Eddie wrapped his arms around me and pulled me towards him, saving me from getting all wet.

"Oh man," Steve sighed "you gotta be sh*tting me... I thought these woods were familiar."

"Lovers lake," I said recognizing it.

"This is... confounding," Dustin said astonished.

"There's a gate a lovers lake?" Asked Ricky

"Whenever a Demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecnas the same way" Nancy said

"Only one way to find out," I said looking at everyone.