[8] Heather.

This chapter is filled with ab*sive behavior! If this triggers you I suggest you skip this chapter entirely!

Cheer was canceled and spring break started so I went straight home after school. Ricky was at a Hell Fire meeting so he wouldn't be home until later. I placed my backpack in the home office and made myself an afternoon snack. Hot Pocket Snack bits. I heated them up and poured myself some juice while I waited. I heard steps going down the stairs and sighed. Heather's home. Nothing good ever happens when it's just us two.

"Seriously? THOSE" Heather asked, "didn't you have lunch a few hours ago?"

"I didn't." I said sternly "I had to skip lunch to bring my friend to the counselor."

"Skipping meals now? Well, that's not a way to lose all that extra fat you gained... you said that your uniform is a tight fit... right? Well, maybe if you lost a few pounds then maybe it would fit better."

I stayed quiet and stared at her."What?" Heather laughed "I'm just joking!"

"Yea," I said sarcastically. Something reeked the kitchen. I sniffed closer to Heather. "Are you drinking?" I asked

"Well, Yea. Connor and I had a two people party yesterday. He dropped me off for a few hours so I can get ready."

"For?" I asked

"We're going to hang out at his parent's house. They have this HUGE pool and he's going to teach me how to swim. I'll also won't be home for a few days."

"You're going out again? You've been out all this week! You could at least help me around the house" I sighed

"So? I'm the one who takes care of you. I have been for the past few years" Heather scoffed

"Oh right... don't forget. For those same few years, you've been going over to your boyfriend's house." I said sarcastically.

"You got a problem with it?" She asked angrily.

"No, it's fine! Leave me to raise Ricky and myself. It's not like we're gonna miss you when you're not there!" I yelled. Heather grabbed the collar of my shirt and slammed me into the wall.

"Listen here you little sh*t! I have done EVERYTHING for you. Don't say that to me again."

"F*ck you!" I exclaimed, Heather was going to say something back when she backed off of me. "Your nose is bleeding dimbsh*t!" She exclaimed. "Go clean yourself up and get in your car. I don't want you here when he picks me up."

"I'm not going anywhere!" I said wiping my nose. Heather turned towards me. "You are. I run this house. I'm in charge of you! I own you until mom and dad get home!"

"I'll rather have them home than have you!" I exclaimed

"Dad abusive *ss will f*cking kill you in the first few hours he's here! Remember b*tch?! Give him a few f*cking hours and he'll be breaking down your door!"

"It's still better than you! At least they'll be home!" I tried walking away but Heather grabbed my arm. "Better than me huh?" She asked "you think I'm worse than dad? You really think?!" She yelled.

"Let me go!" I pulled my arm away. And used my powers to push Heather back.

"I've been nice to you since the last time they left! But if you wanna see a crazy b*tch, then you'll get a crazy b*tch!" Heather went into the kitchen drawers looking for something.

"Heather stop! You made your f*cking point!" I exclaimed backing up.

"No! You want crazy b*tch. Remember?!?" She screamed. She pulled out a knife from one of the drawers.

"Heather! Heather look I'm sorry. I- I didn't mean it!" I pleaded "please, please just- put the knife down. Your drunk... you're going to forget this by tomorrow-"

"F*ck you b*tch! You wanted to talk all this sh*t but now that I got this, your scared?" She asked

I slowly backed up from Heather as she locked eyes with me. "Apologies now. Say I'm better than dad!"

I walked towards the phone to ring her boyfriend. It's clear that Heather wasn't going to stand down. Whenever she's drunk she goes batsh*t crazy.

"say I'm better than him b*tch! He was never there for my *ss! All he ever does now is spoil you two! I don't get sh*t! NOW F*CKING APOLOGIZE!" She cried. I place the phone by my ear and Heather grabbed the phone and slammed it back on the wall.

"F*ck you!" I exclaimed. I ran up the stairs as Heather chased me. I used my powers to shut the door and locked it. I sat on the bathroom door, using my energy to keep the door shut.

"F*CK YOU B*TCH! OPEN THE DAMN DOOR! I'LL F*CKING KILL YOU!" Heather screamed. I slide down the wall as heathers banging got more aggressive. F*ck f*ck f*ck!" I cried. We stayed like that for 20 minutes until her mood changed

"Open the door... please... just tell me I'm good" she cried. "Heather... is your boyfriend coming?" I said

"Uh- yea... he- he is"

"Okay..." I said "we're going to go downstairs, calm down. And wait for him to get here... is that okay?" I asked

"Yea- yes" Heather sniffled. I slowly opened the door and Heather sat down in the hallway. She slowly made her way downstairs as I took a second to make sure she was calm.

I headed downstairs and picked up the phone to call Steve. He's one of the only people who knew about Heather's behavior when she's drunk and he'll usually take care of Ricky whenever we needed to recover. I told him the situation and he agreed to take come over when Ricky gets home to help clean up the mess.

Before I was able to hang up Heather tackled me to the floor. The phone fell on the ground and she was on top of me, pulling me up by my collar and then slamming me down on the floor while calling me names and screaming at me.

I tried everything I could to get her off but she had a good grip on me. I tried to push her back or throw her off of me but I was too caught in the moment to use my powers. I felt myself losing consciousness as she kept slamming my head down. Before I could though I saw Ricky burst through the door with Heather's boyfriend and someone else.

Heather's boyfriend dragged her away as the other guy lifted me and brought me to my room. They placed me on my bed and left my room. I heard arguing downstairs but at that point, I knocked out.