[22] Short Road Trip

Eddie plopped a magazine on a table as everyone gathered around it. "Check this out," he said "the WarZone. I've been there once. It's huge! They got everything you need for, uh... well, killing things, basically."

"Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin asked

"Is that a grenade!?" I asked, "how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us doll, it is... so! This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, angry hicks."

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone" Erica argued

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk" Nancy said

"But is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back!" Dustin sighed

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie asked

"You got some car we don't know about?" I asked, "we can't use mine, we won't fit AND the cops will be after our *sses if they see it."

"It's not exactly a car. It's not exactly mine but... it'll do" Eddie smiled "red, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?"

Max nodded her head and pulled out a Michael Myers mask. Eddie placed it over his head and I laughed, placing my hand on his shoulders. "Just when I thought Munson couldn't get any cuter" I joked

"Haha," he faked laughed. We all quietly got out of the trailer and sneakily made our way over to a motorhome. Eddie opened the window and jumped through. The older teens were able to get through easily but since the others were shorter, I gave them all a boost inside before making my way in.

I got to the front and saw Eddie pulling out wires and cutting them. "Where's you learn this?" I asked

"Well, when other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire. Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto. So uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name" Eddie sighed

"Hey, Eddie" Robin chimed in "I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving"

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker" Eddie smiled "Harringtons got her. Don't ya, big boy!" He sparked two wires and the car instantly went to life.

The owners started to bang on the door and yelling. "Go!" I exclaimed. Eddie ran to the back of the car with me as Steve sat on the drivers seat and started

"Everybody hang on!" He exclaimed

"Drive! Steve! Drive! " Dustin yelled

The car drove and I looked out the window to see the owners chasing after us. I threw a few trash cans in their direction so they couldn't catch up. Steve hit a bunch of objects before driving smoothly down a road. I sighed with relief and sat down. Eddie laughed and sat next to me. "What? First time stealing a car"

"No, no... I do this every weekend!" I joked.

Eddie wrapped his arms around me, "so, what was that about liking the mask?"

"Hmm" I hummed, I grabbed his face and turned it from side to side. "I think I like the mask-" he quickly let go and turned to look at the window. I sat up and wrapped my arms around his shoulders "I'm sorrryyyy" I laughed. "I like your stupid face."

"Oh, you do?" He asked.

"Don't get too cocky"

"Why wouldn't I?" He asked, sitting normally again. "Y/N L/N, the POPULAR girl of Hawkins High... likes my face"