[12] Spark

A/N: 3 chapters in a day to spoil you guys ❤️

Steve went with the teens to go help Max talk to her loved ones. I stayed back with Eddie so I can drop him off at his dealer's house.

"So, why is max gonna die?" I said, "I missed the entire explanation."

"Well" Eddie started "vecnas curse is this type of curse that's affecting people"

"Yea go figures," I said sarcastically.

"These people, including Chrissy, Fred, and Max. Are all getting these vision things? And uh- nightmares too I think. And something about all of them going to the councilor, I don't know. But this is his way of saying 'you're next'. And within a few days of these symptoms. I guess they die?"

"Huh-" I said. "Crazy sh*t"

"Yea... crazy sh*t. Sucks that we were left out on the crazy sh*t for years"

"Yea also sucks that it's real," I said throwing myself on the couch.

"So, we don't know each other that much... did you always live here?" Eddie asked

"Yea, I was born here, raised in this same home. I never really left this town. But my parents have. They don't live here with us. There out of the country for 'work'. Or at least that's what they tell us."

"Do you know what they do?"

"No, but I don't really care to know. Heather became our legal guardian when she turned 18. She had to get a job and everything. But she only did it because our parents told her to. They don't really care about us. They sent us gifts every so often, spoiling us so we don't forget they exist."

"That's why they're not around," Eddie said.

"Yea, but how about you?"

"Well," he sat down next to my legs. "I live with my uncle. He got custody of me after my parents wanted to travel more. It's just been us two from there. Moved into a trailer, and had to get a job to help pay for it. But my uncles were never home during the day. Only at night. But it's not like he'll even notice"

"I guess we both don't have adults who watch over us" I joked. He smiled crossing his arms playfully. I laughed and we just talked about stuff we remember.

I talked about Ricky and the great memories I shared with him. Eddie talked about his band and his music. When he explained how he got so into it, he smiled so much and seemed like a kid talking about his favorite cartoon show.

We talked for what seemed like hours but it was only minutes. We expressed our passion and what we wanted to do when we got out of high school. I talked more about Cheer while Eddie also started talking about Hellfire, and how he knew that Mike, Dustin, and Ricky will excel in it and how he wants them to continue the club after he was gone.

We just kept talking and laughing. And for the first time in a while, I genuinely forgot about my troubles. And the fact that everything had changed. We then changed the topic and talked about our favorite songs. I explained to him that I actually liked rock songs, I had mix tapes and cassettes of songs like "girls just wanna have fun," "I will survive" "Material Girl" and "dancing queen" for when the cheerleaders are over. But when I'm with Ricky I usually played "Highway to Hell" "Black on Black" "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "we built this city". He called me a weirdo for that. Told me that I didn't have to hide what I liked Just because other people would find it weird. I asked him what songs he liked and he said a few that I already knew.

"You're not as scary as I thought" I laughed

"What do you mean?" he asked

"We'll, everyone made you as this guy who likes demonic sh*t. I mean I knew you were in charge of Hellfire, which I let Ricky be in but... Jason and the other jocks made you sound so scary... but you're actually really nice, sweet, cute, and funny"

"You think I'm cute?" He asked.

"I mean yea- look at those curls" I joked "you got better hair than me" I sat up next to him.

"My curls are a mess" he joked back.

"How about- when this is all over. And if we survive. Could we maybe... watch a movie together?" I asked "just- the two of us. You know, to get to know each other more?"

"Wait-" he said getting up. "Are- you asking me, if you can take me out on a movie?"

"Yea" I smiled

"So... a date?" He asked.

"I mean- if you want it to be then... sure" I smiled.

He laughed and clapped his hands. "So you're telling me! That I. Eddie Munson, 'The Freak' of Hawkins High... is going on a date-"

"If we survive this!" I added

"With Y/N L/N... one of the most popular girls in school..."

"I'm not popular," I said getting up.

"Oh- but you are! See, you fit the criteria. Your smart, you're pretty, you have lots of friends, and you're a cheerleader! Y/N L/N... you are popular"

"Whatever" I laughed. I walked up to him. "So... is it a date?"

He came closer and looked into my eyes while smiling. "Oh hell yea" I laughed too and we stood there. Only inches apart. Looking at each other. Being really, REALLY close.

I notice him looking down at my lips for a split second before looking back up at me. I smiled and leaned in a bit closer as he did. I started to slowly get on my tippy toes to reach his level since he was a bit taller than me. Before anything could happen though, the door knocked and he ran behind the couch to hide.

I opened the door to the mailman. He needed me to sign a package. I awkwardly smiled as I signed it and placed the box inside. I sighed and Eddie peaked his head. "It was just the mailman," I said. "But we should probably get you to your dealer's house. Jason hasn't searched here yet and he might soon"

Eddie nodded and I gave him four cans of tomato soup. "It's only for a day or two, you'll be back here with real food in no time" I smiled. I remembered something and quickly ran upstairs. I got my Walkman and gave it to Eddie. "You have my mixtape. You can listen to it whenever you are bored" I smiled.

I opened the front door and looked around, making sure the coast was clear. Eddie snuck to the back of my car and I drove to his dealers, dropping him off and making my way back to my house.