[18] Breakdown

(Sorry for only one chapter today. I was writing a bit for my cobra Kai story)

We quietly walked to my place. I opened the door and vines reached all inside. Making my home eerie. I went upstairs and into my room. Everything in there was covered in black dust. I sighed and walked over to my jewelry box. I opened the top and took off the ring holder, revealing a secret compartment. I was taken aback when I saw that there was only a piece of paper and one knife inside.

"Hold on-" I said. I took the piece of paper and read it. It was a note Chrissy gave me sophomore year, talking about her crush on Jason.

I turn towards Eddie. "There's only one here... I'm supposed to have ten... Ricky gave me ten!" I looked closer into my room and noticed small things out of place. I got the box from under my bed and looked through the cassettes I had and cursed, shoving the box back under. "I don't have bohemian here!"

"What do you mean?" Eddie asked.

"I don't have the song! But it doesn't make sense. I have multiple cassettes of it. And this!" I grabbed the note. "Chrissy gave me this sophomore year! I threw it out years ago." I threw the note on my bed.

"That doesn't make any sense."

"I know!" I ran my fingers through my hair and cursed, walking back and forth across my room.

"Hey, it's going to be okay-"

"Is It? Is it really?!" I snapped  "I almost got killed TWICE. TWICE EDDIE! And who knows when Vecnas going to attack me again!"

"We're going to stop him."

"And what if we don't? Then I'm going to die. And no one can do anything about it!"

"You are not going to die."

"We don't know that." My voice cracked and tears started to form in my eyes. "I didn't want anyone to worry but- I'm holding on for dear life... I'm 18 Eddie. I haven't even finished high school. I'm scared to die..." I stared at him and he gave me a worried look. I started to feel stupid and regretted saying anything. A pit feeling in my stomach started to form. "Forget it."

I wiped my tears away and went to walk passed him, he grabbed my arm and pulled me into a tight hug. It took me a second to process but I hugged him back. His hands were wrapped on my lower back and I had mine wrapped around his neck. My head rested on my arm and he placed his chin on my shoulder.

We hugged for a bit before I pulled myself back. We stared at each other as he held me. And without saying a word, we both leaned in until our lips touched.

His were softer than anything I've ever imagined, like feeling the way clouds look. The kiss was sweet but at the same time, it was as if the world was ending. Like he was trying to hold on to the little bit of life I had inside, like I was going to die at any second. Which wasn't far from reality.

A loud bang from downstairs made me jump and turn towards the door. I looked back at Eddie and he looked confused. I walked out of my room and looked out into the hallway, but there was nothing.

I started to have a sense of dread. Like something was watching me. I look behind me and saw nothing, I turned back and saw Chrissy, peeking sideways from the corner. She quickly hid behind the wall the second she realized I noticed her. "Sh*t!" I exclaimed.

My body then shook back and forth and suddenly I was out of a trance. Eddie was in front of me. His hands were on my shoulder. I scrunched my eyebrows confused, looking at him.

"Are you alright? You were just- staring at the hallway... was- was it the kiss? Was it bad?!"

"Huh? Oh! No, no." I cupped my hand on his cheek. "It was great but- we need to leave. Like right now." I grabbed his hand and we bolted it out of the house.

We walked into the Wheeler's house to everyone screaming Dustin's name. I tilted my head in confusion.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Eddie asked

"Listen," Steve said, pointing a finger up. I did and heard a voice echoing. "Dustin?" Eddie called out, letting go of my hand, and walked around.

"All right, either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douchebag." Steve sighed

"Will found a way," Nancy said. "He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights!" She ran to a lamp and tried to turn it on. When it didn't work, she flipped a switch over and over again.

"Guys? You seeing this?" Steve said. The chandelier radiated a glow and particles came out. I reached my hand in it, "it tickles" I said

"Kinda feels good" Robin smiled

"Does anyone know Morse code?" Nancy asked

"Does SOS count?" Eddie asked. We all turned towards him. "Is- is that good?"

"Could be" I shrugged. I reached over to the light and tapped the middle over and over again, doing the Morse code for SOS.

*meanwhile*

"So our working theory is that Vecna makes remote contact from his attic," Ricky said mid-thought.

"But we don't know why!" Dustin added, "we can just assume he does it from anywhere... are you listening!?" Dustin asked Erica. She had her hand on her chin watching something.

"I'm listening." She said standing up. "It's just... you said you followed Venca through the lights, right?" She walked towards the chandelier that was flickering. "I think he's here."

The four teens stood up and walked over to the light.  "S... O... S," Ricky said, reading the Morse code.

"Remember when I said they wouldn't be stupid enough to go through the water gate?" Dustin asked.

"Yea?" Lucas answered, confused and concerned

"I overestimated them..."