[23] WarZone

We arrived at WarZone after a few songs. "Y/N, Robin, Nancy, Erica, Max, and Ricky. Come with me. Dustin, Eddie, and Lucas, you stay here."

I nodded my head and stood up. "Ricky, want one another one of those knives?" I asked

"Yes!" He smiled

"Alright, I'll help you find 'em" I gave Eddie a quick peck before getting off the motorhome. We all walked into the store as a group and looked around. "So much for avoiding angry hicks" Robin commented

"Let's be... fast" Nancy sighed.

"Definitely," I said.

"Yea-" Ricky added

We all split up into different sections of the store. I went with Max into a knife section with Ricky. We grabbed a few small boxes and plopped them into a small basket. "How much do we need?" Max asked

"Yea how much?" Ricky also asked

"A lot," I said. I placed my hand on the table and dragged it to the edge, dropping a bunch of boxes in the basket. "I think that's good" I walked into a shelf with a certain brand of knifes "Bingo" I smiled. I grabbed a machete and inspected it. "Think this will do?"

"Yes!" Ricky smiled. He grabbed two and compared the size of the boxes to the basket we had. "This definition won't fit-"

"I'll go get a cart!" Max smiled. I patted Ricky on the shoulder and walked up to Steve who was looking at jackets. "Do you think this one will look good on me, or this?" He asked, holding up two different jackets.

I looked at both as he switched lifting each jacket higher than the other. "I think- you should go with the brown one. And I'll go with the black one"

"Got it-" he agreed. He took his off the hanger and put it on while walking to Robin. I followed closely behind.

"How many of these do you think we need?" Robin asked, holding containers filled with Gasoline.

"Five or six?" Steve said, placing one in the cart

"Take the whole shelf" I suggested, grabbing the rest of the bottles and placing them in the cart. "I'll be with Nancy" I walked to where she was and leaned on the glass display. Nancy held a shotgun and Inspected it.

I looked through the glass and saw a bunch of small handguns. "How much is this?" Nancy asked, cocking the gun.

"120.99, but I'll throw you in 20 rounds of buckshot for ya," the store clerk said. Nancy nodded her head and I turned to look at the shotgun but froze in place.

"Hey, can I see that really pretty.357, please?" Jason asked. Nancy slowly turned to him and looked back at me. "Here ya go, son." "thanks" Jason sighed. In the corner of my eye, I saw Jason turning towards us. Sh*t.

"Nancy Wheeler, Y/N L/N... I wouldn't expect to find you two here" he said, waving the gun in our direction.

"Yea... well, it's just- scary times" I fake smiled. Nancy and I stared at Jason as he stared back.

"I'm... sorry about Chrissy" Nancy spoke up. Jason nodded his head, still holding the gun.

"Want my advice?" He asked, finally placing the gun down. "Shotguns are not good for much of anything past killing small birds." He stepped closer to us. "I mean they got power... sure, but not much range. And that's just gonna force you into close-range combat. someone can just grab the barrel... like this!" He grabbed the gun quickly. I flinched and Nancy stood her ground, staring at Jason. "And they can redirect it."

I looked around at the store, noticing that a bunch of Jason's friends were there. "Well, you guys look nervous" Jason laughed

"Like she said... scary times" Nancy coldly responded. Jason nodded his head before slowly turning it back towards me. "Now your brother... is- is he here with you by any chance?"

"Ricky?" I asked, I can feel my body tense up. "Ricky." He said "and you wheeler? Your brother."

"Mike? No."

"I'm only asking because they- they're in hellfire... aren't they?"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"But you do Y/N... don't you? You sat with them during lunch that one day. Remember?"

"I- I don't- remember..." I stuttered

"And what about their friends?" He inched closer to us "are they here with you!?"

"Would you let go?" Nancy asked firmly.

"Are they?!" Jason asked

"Let. Go. Jason," I said coldly. He stared at me and shook his head. I moved two fingers from behind my back and he stumbled backward, letting go of the gun. I knew this could have possibly blown my secret, but he wasn't listening.

"I'll buy the gun," Nancy said quickly.

"Alright," the clerk smiled "I'll have it on hold for you until you finish shopping." I nodded my head and sneakily made my way over to everyone. "Jason's here with his crew, let's go!" I said to Steve and Robin. They looked at each other before rushing to the cash registers. I told everyone else the same and we quickly paid for the things and ran out.

I practically kicked open the motorhome and everyone rushed in with bags. "What happened?!" Lucas asked

"Gotta go!" I said, taking a seat next to Eddie.

"Your old friends are here!" Erica exclaimed

"Shit!" Lucas yelled.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Dustin begged

"I'm going- I'm going! Everyone sit down!" Steve yelled. The motorhome quickly started and drove away from the store. I peeked at the window and saw Jason staring at the car. "Sh*t!" I said I crouched down away from the window.

"Did he see you!?" Ricky asked

"No, no. I don't think so" I said, trying to catch my breath.

"What do we do now?" Max asked

"There's a clearing just a few minutes from here, it's empty and full of grass. We can prepare and plan there" Steve said.

I finally caught my breath and placed an earphone in my ear. I closed my eyes and leaned the back of my head on the wall. "You alright?" Eddie asked

"Mhm," I hummed. He slowly held my hand and I smiled. I gave him the other earphone and laid my head on his shoulder, taking a sip of my half-melted slushy.