[35] Truth.

They both made their way downstairs. Will and Ricky were laughing while Max was into the movie they were playing. Ricky's smile slowly dropped and he looked at the TV.

Y/N noticed this but didn't ask. Ricky had been acting weird lately. Ever since the group from California came back.

She wanted to ask him about it but didn't have the time to. "Anyone hungry?" She asked. "I can go pick up KFC for us."

"Yes!" Max smiled

"Alright, uh- Ricky, you come with me," Y/N said. She grabbed her keys and walked out with Ricky.

*meanwhile*

Steve drove the small group to the woods passed the football field. They got out and started to walk around. The crime scene was over and the woods were opened.

El looked at every single tree. And her mind was racing. With the short amount of time she had to memories the scenery, she wasn't sure if she was able to pick up every detail.

"So, what exactly does this... tree look like?" Robin asked

"It was really fat and tall. I did not see what was around the tree. I only saw one tree" El explained

"One tree? Are we sure it's in the woods? It's going to take forever to find it" Dustin complained

"I do not know. I just saw one tree, the rest was the void."

"Okay... let's just keep going"

***

Y/N pulled out of the driveway and turned on the radio as the car went down the road. The closest KFC was only a 10-minute drive.

The drive was a bit awkward, Ricky was quiet and Y/N was focusing on the road, so she wouldn't actually let Henry control the body.

"How's your face?" Y/N asked

"What?"

"Does it still hurt? I see your black eye is calming down."

"Oh... yea, yea. It's fine, doesn't hurt that much. Only when you touch it."

"I'm sorry about Jason, I'll talk to him whenever school starts again."

"Schools going to start again?"

"Kind of... with the sudden quake, a lot of people left town. There's only going to be the last week and then graduation"

"Are you excited?"

"Yea, all grades are basically final but if your failing then you can get assignments for that last week. If you don't need to do them then all you have to do is just show up"

"Is Eddie going to graduate?"

"Umm, yea... ill help him do these assignments and he should be good."

"So... who's going to lead Hellfire?"

"I don't think hellfire will stick. With the name and everything"

"That's bull"

"Yea, maybe you should call it 'I'm not with the Devil' of some bullsh*t like that"

"Might even pretend it's a book club" Ricky laughed

"Yea, how are you and will?"

"...what?"

"Will? How is he? I haven't had time to catch up with him yet."

"Oh! Uh... fine" Ricky's behavior changed again. His laugh became a sigh and he stared at the road.

"Are... you sure?" Y/N asked "doenst seem like it"

"No, no It's fine."

***
"Okay, we've looked everywhere! The tree isn't here!" Steve complained.