[17] The Upside Down

We kept running until we made it to skull rock. From there we hid underneath. Hoping that the bats won't find us. We stayed quiet, watching them fly by. Until they all were gone. We all sighed in relief when the coast was clear.

"That was close" Robin sighed

"Yea, too close" Eddie stood up.

I stayed on the floor though, staring up. The pain had finally settled in and my entire body ached. Nancy went to help Steve since his wounds were also bad.

"Hey, wheeler. Mind if I use your scarf?" Eddie asked. She shook her head and took it off. Eddie then broke it into 3 long pieces. "C'mon" Eddie motioned me to sit up but I shook my head.

"I'm- I'm fine." I sighed

"Your not. Your bleeding out" he argued back. Robin elevated my right leg on a rock and inspected the wound. "So the good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a common symptom of rabies. But if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling aggressive, like you wanna punch me, let me know" Robin rambled

"Robin..." I whispered

"Yes?..."

"I want to punch you." I smiled. Eddie placed the scarf behind my leg. "Ready?" He asked.

"I don't know- I don't think I need it-" before I could finish my sentence he wrapped it around my leg tight. I groaned in pain and brought my arm to my mouth, biting it so I don't scream.

Once he fully wrapped it, I jerked my hand and threw a stick at him. "I wasn't ready!" He laughed and grabbed the other piece of scarf.

"Shirt." He said.

"What?" I asked

"He wants you to lift your shirt," Robin said.

"Why? I'm perfectly fine-"

"They shredded the shit out of your stomach. Your not fine" Eddie argued. I wanted to say something back but I knew he was right.

"Fine." I stood up and Eddie got behind me. I lifted my shirt so that I'm not too exposed. Just under my bra. And Robin wrapped the front area. Once she covered the wounds she brought the ends to Eddie and he wrapped them together behind me. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to distract myself from the pain. I can see a red glow slowly starting to form but I considerate my breath to not accidentally hurt them

Once they finished I tucked my shirt back into my shorts. "So, this is Hawkins but uh- with monster and sh*t?" I asked. Watching red thunder strike in the distance.

"Pretty much." Nancy shrugged "but watch out for the vines. It's all a hive mind."

"A what?" Eddie asked

"All the creepy crawlers around here. They're like one or something. You step on a vine, your stepping on a bat... and Vecna." Steve answered

"But everything from our world is still here, right? Except for people." Robin asked.

"As far as I understand, yea." Nancy shrugged

"So we can go to the police station and get guns to kill those mother f*ckers?" I asked. Limp walking to where my friends were talking.

"We don't need to go all the way downtown. I have guns in my room."

"You?" Eddie asked, "Nancy wheeler, have guns... plural... in your bedroom?"

"I have a switchblade in my jewelry box," I said tying my shoe. When I looked up everyone was just staring at me. "What? Wheeler Can have guns but I can't have a knife?"

"We've known Nancy had guns... but since when did you have knives?!" Steve exclaimed

"I've always had knives! Ricky would buy some of his friends. He gave some to me after I got followed home after cheer that one time."

They all nodded their head in agreement. Eddie noticed Steve was still shirtless so he took off his vest and threw it at Steve. "For modesty"

Suddenly the ground started shaking. I tripped and fell on Eddie. He wrapped his arms around me and we both fell to the floor. I cursed loudly in pain, when my body landed on his.

"I think it's time we should go." Steve sighed. Eddie helped me up and we made our way to the Wheeler's house. I stayed next to Robin as we walked. The pain in my leg still hasn't stopped but I knew I couldn't drag them behind so I sucked it up.

After a minute or two of walking, another earthquake struck. I fell to the floor and Robin covered me. "Second on my list of my least favorite things. Earthquakes. Seriously I'm unsteadily enough as it is!" She rambled looking around.

Nancy kept running forward towards something. Once the earthquake stopped I got up and tried my best to follow her. We kept walking and eventually arrived there.

"I live just across the street. I'll get my knives and I'll be right back" I said as everyone walked in the house.

"You can't go alone!" Robin argued.

"Yea, we need to stick together" Steve agreed

"I'd just be a minute" I argued back

"I'll go with her," Eddie said stepping out of the house.