[5] Gone Forever

I made my way over to the school where most people were searching. The cops were gathered there and gave us flashlights since it was dark. We all searched the premises of the school when I pretended like I remembered something. I ran to a cop and made up some lie.

"Excuse me, officer! I just remembered that when we were little, Chrissy and I would go hide in an old picnic spot in the woods."

"Do you remember where it is?" he asked

"I think so," I said

"Okay hold on." He called for another cop to come on the radio and one came up shortly after. We walked through the woods behind the Football field. I walked through pretending like I was "remembering" landmarks that indicated where we were.

Finally, after a few minutes of walking, we made our way to the picnic spot. "Chrissy?!" I called as I walked around. "Chrissy are you here?" I walked to the bench where 'the stuff' might have been at. The small bag was still there, covered in leaves.

Without thinking I used my powers to bring the bag into my pocket. I looked around as I did so, trying not to get caught. Once I finished I started to look around the area again.

"Are you sure she would be here?" The cop asked.

"She might be. I'm not sure" I said looking at something in the tree. I heard twigs snap in a direction and flashed my light at it. There was nothing there though. I moved my eyes slightly up and saw a dark shadow in the trees.

*3rd person*

Y/N slowly raised the flashlight only to drop it, fall on the floor, and scream. The cops ran to what she was looking at and pointed their flashlights. There, stuck in the branches of the trees. Was Chrissy's mangled body.

Her legs were snapped like a twig, her arms were twisted, her jaw was severely dislocated, and her eyes were gouged out from the inside.

Y/N started crying and the cops called backup on the radio. One of the police officers sat her down on the benches so she didn't have to see the body any more than she did.

In a span of 10 minutes, 5 police officers, firefighters, and news reporters showed up. As well as the parents of Chrissy and Jason. Jason was arguing with the cops, begging them to let him see Chrissy. Her parents were crying as well. The police went up to Y/N and asked her more questions.

"She was in the tree when you spotted her?" He asked

"Y-yea s-she was," Y/N said numbly

"Where was the cut from?"

Y/N looked at him confused. He lifted her left arm to show her that she had a cut on her forearm the size of a pen.

"You must have gotten on falling on the ground" the cop sighed "I'll go get a paramedic to clean you up. Once they're done then you can go home"

She nodded her head and stared at nothing. Her mind was going everywhere. She suddenly got a throbbing headache and she winced at the pain.

A paramedic came and cleaned up the wound, they then wrapped it and allowed Y/N to leave the scene.

She slowly walked out of there staring at the ground, shaking. She quietly went to her car and drove home.
She went into her room where she sobbed. She couldn't control her emotions at the moment. She looked up at herself in the mirror and without thinking, she shattered it. A red glow came from her body as she kept sobbing. Ricky heard the noise and rushed in. She finally screamed and magic burst through her. The lights in her room turned off and a few objects flew to the other side of the room. Ricky calmed her down as best as he could. She eventually became numb again and went tried her best to sleep on her cold bed.

*time jump*

The next day Y/N woke up at noon. She rarely slept the night to nightmares she had. She slowly got out of bed to see that Ricky had left her, her breakfast on top of her drawer. She smiled at the gesture and ate the food in her room. Once she finished, she went over to the kitchen and washed her dish.

Ricky was watching TV in the living room. He decided that he wasn't going to bother her for the day since he knew that Y/N was hurt.

*1st person Y/N POV*

I got the Movie we watched last night and got my keys "I'm gonna go return this." I said. I went to FamilyVideo and saw Steve and Robin messing around. They stopped when they notice me walking in.

"Woah, killed the mood just by walking in," I said lightly laughing. I placed the item on the desk and Steve scanned it and marked it as returned.

"How'd you sleep?" Robin asked. "Terrible but at least I slept" I sighed. Steven grabbed the remote from the counter and turned on the TV.

"We're here in Hawkins High school, just passed the football field. We don't have a lot of details now, but we can confirm that 18-year-old, senior, Y/N L/N found Chrissy Cunningham in these woods last night. Police had not yet released the state Chrissy's in but we can-"

Under the counter I focused on the TV and twisted my hand slightly, making the TV turn off. I awkwardly smiled and walked out of the store. Before I got to my car I saw Eddie and a few other members of Hell Fire walk out of the arcade. When Eddie saw me he told the members to wait and went over to me.

"Hey, are you okay? We just saw the news" he asked

"Yea I'm fine." I looked around to make sure no one could hear us. "Look I know this is weird but can you guys go over to my place? I need to show you something"

"Uh- yea, yea sure," Eddie called the members over and we went over to my house. I opened the door and the guys instantly went to Ricky to talk. I walked Eddie to my room and close the door.