Prologue

I, Gemma Lawrence, have felt Something, with a capital S, towards a boy only once in my life.

It wasn't love and I'm not even under the illusion that it was anything of the sort. I had felt a simple twinge in my stomach, a give in my heart which I easily brushed off with the fact that I had been rather drunk at the time.

Rip roaring drunk.

It had happened at a wedding, of all places. It was almost two years ago and I was only sixteen at the time and my parents had forced me to attend the wedding of my second cousin, Janine. The wedding took place in Miami and while my family and I were at the reception, my mother - who was already bordering intoxicated - allowed me to drink an alcoholic beverage.

And drink another. And a third.

And then, I danced. With a boy who was too attractive for his own good. Fair lashes framed his shocking blue eyes and his hair was more perfect than mine - which I guess, wasn't saying much since my hair was an unruly sort of brown stuff.

Anyway.

We danced. We touched. And then, we kissed. A lot.

I regretted everything the next morning, but happily boarded the plane back to California that afternoon.

I never had to see the boy again. I didn't even have to remember him.

But, despite my drunken state at the time and despite my denial of him - I remembered him, every last detail.

And that's why I know I felt Something.

~~~

A/N: thanks for reading!!!!! I'm not sure where this is headed completely... I have parts of it written, but we'll see.

Please comment what you think or vote!!!

Love always, Samantha <3