Where Is The Something?

The next day, I wake up with a stupid grin on my face and I'm instantly confused as to why I'm smiling, but then I remember: Eddie.

Wow... We really... kissed?

What were we supposed to do now? I stop, remembering what Eddie said we should do: just have fun.

Everywhere I turn people are telling me that. Laurene, Clive and now Eddie. They all want me to do the same thing - have fun and relax.

Maybe it's time I stop worrying so much about school and grades. Maybe I should do what they're telling me. Maybe, just maybe, Eddie is the one that can help me do this.

I quickly get out of bed and make my way into the shower, not caring that I take all - or nearly all - of the hot water. Then, I mosey back to my room and get dressed. I don't plan on going anywhere today so I only pull on a pair of leggings and a cut-off t-shirt over my sports bra. I pull my hair into a bun, but don't bother with any makeup.

When I reach the kitchen, Clive's there, eating a bowl of Lucky Charms. He looks up at me, giving me a strange look.

"What?" I ask defensively.

"Why are you... humming? And smiling?" He shoves a mouthful of cereal in his mouth, waiting for an answer with a scowl on his face, as if I shouldn't be happy.

To be honest, I hadn't even noticed I was humming. "Um... Um..."

His face darkens some. "Spill, Gemma. What happened? Did you... and Wesley get... together?" He visibly shudders.

Horror fills me as I remember Wesley's drunken attempt at flirting with me last night. "Oh, heck, no."

"Oh." Clive actually looks surprised. "But... you look... boy-happy. You haven't looked like that since..." Clive begins snickering, "since cousin Lauren's wedding in Miami."

My eyes widen. I forgot I didn't tell Clive about Larkin being the boy from the wedding. "Er...about that, Clive."

His eyebrows furrow. "The wedding?"

"Yeah," I move to the fridge, pulling out the chocolate milk, doesn't... Larkin look familiar?"

"Uhhh... no? Maybe? What does that have to do with the wedding two years ago?" His eyes are so confused.

"Think, Clive... The boy..."

Something must click in his mind. "Noooo way. It can't be him!"

I roll my eyes and take a swig of the chocolate milk, crossing to stand in front of where Clive sits at the counter.

Clive looks shocked, but he's smiling too. "You're telling me... that Larkin - Eddie's cousin - is the boy you made out with at cousin Lauren's wedding two years ago?"

I can't help but groan. "Yes, Clive that's exactly what I am saying."

Clive shakes his head, swallowing another bite of cereal. "So... Larkin's why you're... happy?" Clive makes a face, but I don't think he realizes he is.

"God, no." I shudder slightly, at the thought of Larkin being the reason for my happiness. I mean, the boy made me want to pull my hair out. True, he was attractive and sometimes... No! This is Larkin Knight we're taking about, focus, Gemma.

"You're not... Um, you don't like him?" Clive looks up from his bowl of Lucky Charms, avoiding my gaze.

"Um, not at all." I make a face too.

Clive relaxes, sighing in relief. "Good because he's not a good guy, Gemma. I've heard some things from around school... Just don't do... anything with Larkin."

I roll my eyes again. "I'm not going to, especially after last night..." I trail off, even though I know I need to tell Clive about Eddie and me.

Clive shovels in another bite, giving me an expectant look. His eyes become dark and his jaw is clenched as he waits. "Did he do something to you?"

I shake my head. "No, no, that's not it..." I pause and then I say it in a rush, "Soooo Eddie and I kissed and I think we're dating now."

Clive spews his Lucky Charms out and a few land on me. I brush them off as Clive stands, pushing his stool back. "You what?!"

I feel myself blushing like crazy. Get a grip, I tell myself. "Eddie... and I got together... last night... at the party."

Clive just looks at me for a long moment, not even bothering to clean up any of the cereal and milk around us. Finally, he clenches and unclenches his hand. "Gemma... Please, for the love of all humanity, don't let me... catch you two doing... stuff. I can't... Please, just spare your loving brother."

I roll my eyes yet again. Since when did I do it this often? I mean, sure I already do it more than the average human, but even I'm noticing the excessiveness of my eye-rolling lately. "Seriously, Clive?"

Again, he just looks at me.

"God, you're such a wuss. Not to mention," I add, holing up a pointed finger at him, "how many times have I caught you snogging - or should I say mauling - off the face of you past girlfriends?"

Clive rolls his eyes. "That's different, Gem. They weren't you friends. Eddie's... like a brother to me."

"So?"

"So, you wouldn't want me macking with Olive or Macey, yeah?" He begins cleaning up the Lucky Charms and milk.

I take a drink of my chocolate milk. "Point proven. And, besides, it's not like we're actually dating." Are we? "I mean, he didn't like ask me out officially. We just kind of... yeah, you know."

Clive gives me another long look. "Sadly, I think I do know. And Gem, you're dating Eddie. Face facts, it's official."

I look down in my milk, my face blushing. I feel excited, happy even.

But where is the Something?

~~~
A/N:

What do you think of Eddie and Gemma? Hmmmm? Do you like it??

Love always, Samantha <3