I'm In

Six days passed and I hadn't heard from Warren. I know I should've been told my family, but I hesitate anyway.

Tonight I spend my evening alone after a tired day from work. I'm still recovering from helping my dad with his house. We were busy with that this past weekend and the evening sun late winter breeze had our bodies confused.

I hadn't been back since, even though I have time to because I get off work for three. My brothers have been helping, so I leave them alone to all bond.

I sit on the couch with my third bowl of cereal and groan when my phone is left in the kitchen. Getting back up, I drag my feet back to in that direction.

I tap the screen, turning it on to see the notification. My feet stumble back like I was pushed.

Warren: Come to the club. 4:00

Well what the hell could that mean? I look at the time, it's fifteen minutes after three, I'm not going to make it there for four, even if I hurry.

I have on some army sweatpants and a black tank top. My hair is in a low bun. Not even bothering, I just put on a black hoodie and some socks with black Nike slippers.

I just get my wallet, phone and car keys and put in my pocket.

I dial Remi's because I'm useless when it comes to doing anything on my own.

"Hello?"

Both of my hands clutch the steering wheel. "Remi? He just texted me."

"What?"

"Warren just texted me to meet him at the club," I say completely.

"Uh oh," she mutters. "You're going right? How close are you?"

"I'm just leaving out now, traffic is really bad, I'm definitely not going to make four, but whatever."

She scoffs. "Yeah, everyone's getting off of work now."

We talk for half the ride, the other half we hang up and I listened to music. The heater is blasting, blowing hot air. I don't want to get out the car and leave it.

Apex is completely dead for once. I've never seen it with out the sky lights and no line spilling out of the entrance. It has yet to happen at least.

I park on the curb and slowly get out my car. Taking my time doesn't work out because it's freezing, so I actually hurry and go inside.

The lights are off, everything looks the same. With no crowd, I see how big the building really is. The marble floor looks freshly waxed, and the chairs are flipped over, on top the table.

"Hey, you," a voice echos, "I was wondering when we'd see you again."

A group of men sit at the bar, there is about three or four of them. That's not including the bartender who told me where Warren was.

I go over to them with my hands in my pockets, sliding on a stool a fair distance from them.

"Yeah, I'm back..." I mumble.

"That's not the fiery attitude I love," the man with the scar on his face grins. His dead eyes point upward.

"Last time I was high off adrenaline and off of work," my arms rest in the surface of the bar.

"You here to talk to Warren again?" The bartender asks as he wipes glasses, his sharp brow is arched.

I nod, looking at the faces of the other men, all I haven't seen before. They look at me with intense curiosity and it makes me squirm in my seat.