How Do I Tell Her

"Get up, dickhead. We don't have time for you to finally get beauty sleep."

"Hit me with that pillow one more fucking time," the firm pillow smacks my shoulder. My hands cover my face.

Levi grins foolishly at me, dropping the pillow on the counter. "What, did dinner not go good?" He looked at the half empty wine bottle.

I sit up on the couch, running my hand over my face. "Dario's people were there."

"What?"

My voice cracks, I look around at the wine glass and bottle. "I can't go out with Dawson anymore, she's showing and when they put two and two together they're going to try some dumb shit."

"Woah, does Warren actually care for someone?" He wiggles his brows.

"Dumb ass, she's having my baby," I stand up and pick up the glass and bottle.

"I mean, I get it. She's hot as hell."

I glare at him. "Stop fucking talking. And go do some shit useful, go do your damn job and go to the docks or something."

He rolls his eyes like I'm in the wrong for kicking his ass out. "You sound like you need to get laid, but I'd be traumatized, too.."

"Get out, Levi."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm goin'."

I'm left alone with my thoughts and a pounding headache. This was the shit I didn't want to deal with. How the hell was I supposed to bring a child into this world with all this shit surrounding me?

I never though I'd see the day.

"Warren?"

I turn around to see my mom coming from the elevator up the hall. "Good morning," she drops off bags on the table in the living room.

"Good Morning," I sigh.

"You are going to tell me what happened last night."

"Mom-"

"Don't mom me," she crosses her arms, "what happened outside the restaurant?"

"Dario," I look at her.

"Dario...or his men?"

"His men."

Her eyes drop to the floor, and her hands play with the shingles of the scarf around her neck. "Why did you have to start with these people, Warren..."

"They stole from us."

"So you kill one of them?" she questions hysterically. My frustration builds. Why the fuck can't I just be alone?

"These aren't people you can sit down and lecture and tell their parents about their sticky fingers, ma! You give them a inch, they take a fucking mile. I'd rather take on Dario then have mother fuckers thinking they can steal from me and get away with it."

I realized the terrified look on her face. I take a deep breath and rubbed my jaw.

"I'm going to handle it," I say more calmly.

"Don't do anything crazy, Warren," she begs, "a lot more is at risk now."

"I know," I swallow.

She unpacks the things she brought over. I decide to let my pride go, and ask her for her advice. "How do I tell her about all of this?"

"What do you think?" She says without looking at me. "Do you think you should tell her before she has the baby, after? But you don't want anything bad to happen and you're forced to tell her. That will freak her out."