Tell Me

Okay, guys!! Not too much, this is my first time writing like this, lmao. I tried my best to put it into words!!😭😭😭

~
"Warren, you don't need to avenge your father's death. You need to worry about being the father your daughter needs," my mother dabs her eyes with a tissue.

"Is Dario not the one that had a hit on the woman who's carrying my child?" I snap.

My words upset her more unfortunately, I pinch the bridge of my nose. She lets out a sob and Octavia is back at her side, putting a hand in her shoulder. The sight of my mother crying, mourning her husband all over again, brings more anger to the surface.

Levi chuckles, nodding towards Dawson. "I think we need to go back a few chapters, hm?"

Dawson looks like she just seen a row of ducklings gruesomely rolled over by the tire of a pick up truck. Her body is stiff and rigid, her limbs are pulled closely to her. She is uncomfortable here, that reason being why I didn't want her in the room.

Dawson sent me a text saying that her coworker was giving her a ride from work, stressing that I don't need to worry about picking her up. The first thing that went to my mind was Pretty Boy, but she went on to say it was Charlotte. I guess that was all bull shit because she had them walked through the door with Olivia.

All of her breathing was done through her mouth. She could only look between everyone in the room. No one could see behind the desk, Dawson was close enough for me to reach for her and let the action unnoticed.

I put a hand on her thigh. Her hands rubs small circles on her stomach. I'd noticed the habit she was forming a while ago. The baby brought her relief. I leave her to do that. However the feeling of her legs clenching from my hand make me smirk.

"Where would we even start?" Dante asks. "Dario hasn't been seen in years."

"I'm going to start with Roland O'Conner," I say, "Jude. You are going to get me a file on him and get as much as you can on Dario."

While I say all of this, my hand slides to the inside of Dawson's thigh. Her faces turns red, it's taking everything in her to not draw attention.

My hand travels up further. She doesn't give me any sign that she wants me to stop. I enjoy the look of her pleading eyes. She shifts in her seat over and over, listening to my family talk business. While Donnie talks, I take a look at her and she clenches her jaw. My teeth dig into my lip, withholding my smirk.

Her hand wraps around my wrist, pushing it off her, playfully rolling her eyes.

I replace my hand, at which she doesn't push away. Her back straightens while her toes curl in her heels as my hand very faintly touches between her legs. We both agreed that we felt strongly about each other. Nothing was official, we were seeing where things would go. But fuck, I wanted her so bad.

"Make sure this one doesn't kill himself," Levi chuckles, bouncing his leg anxiously.

"Warren, please," my mother lowers the used tissue from her eyes, "please think if this is worth it. Dawson, what do you think about all of this?"

"She's not a part of this," I grumble.

Olivia raises a brow at me. "Is she family or not? I mean—any other time you speak so highly of her."

My mom yelled at her before I can. "Enough, Olivia."

Dawson doesn't know what to do when everyone expects her to speak, with her lips pressed together, I think it's hard for her. "I'm not—can someone explain what's going on?" Her voice starts off low before it gains volume.