Be Careful With This

Okay, Okay I'm back...sorry for disappearing. My phone was being weird so I've been phone-less for the last few days...I-it was so hard, I can't even talk about it. Let's just move on💔

Btw this is barely edited, just for the sake of trying to hurry and update

~

"You're back..." he grumbles.

"What are you doing here?"

"Just came to see why you were driving all around like crazy. Why you tell me you're home just to leave back out..."

"I'm sorry I didn't report to you, cause that's definitely something I'm used to doing," I walk past him and start unlocking my door, sarcasm taints every word. He walks in behind me. "I never said you can come in."

"I'm not looking for you to report to me. I'm not fucking dumb either. That was a bunch of bullshit. You tell me you're home, like you aren't leaving out for the rest of the day, just to shut me up. Just to driving around in the fucking streets? What type of shit is that? You act like I like being on your ass all day, but that's the fucking situation, and I'm confused as to what the hell I'm supposed to do," he rants behind me, following me to my room.

I laugh. Nothing is funny about this, buts it's all I can do. "You're confused?"

He furrows his brows more. "You never stop surprising me, holy shit- you are confused?! I call bull shit, because you have confused the fuck out of me."

"What the hell are you even talking about?"

I groan, tossing my head back, hooking my hands around my neck. "You are a piece of shit. We fucking kissed! We kissed! That's what I'm talking about."

He throws his arms out. "Because we fuckin' kissed, seriously?"

"What the fu- yes, seriously!" My jaw drops. "You haven't said shit about it, so what the hell am I supposed to think? Did it not mean anything? A kiss like that is supposed to just be swept under the rug?"

"You tell me," he glares. "What the fuck do you think?" As he waits for an answer, his head tilts to the side, his nose slightly flares.

"Shut up," I smack my teeth, "don't start that. I asked you first."

"No, come on, Dawson. Let's here it" he comes closer, stepping to me like he is challenging me. His eyes are distant and make it hard for me to keep straight face that can only show half of how upset I am. "You tell me what you think a damn kiss means."

My voice gets caught in my throat. To get my voice back, I swallow thickly. "You were drunk-"

"Not that damn drunk." His sharp tone cuts me off.

"Okay, so?" I ask. "Can we be adults and playing word games?" My voice finally comes back.

He shakes his head, softening his eyes the slightest bit. "Well fine...Dawson, I've never wanted to be a better man for anyone more that I have for you and this baby."

I gulp, an unbelievable smile passes my face. His words make me feel like I've been thrown in a cool pool of water. My body even goes rigid but I try to shake it off. "Right...and how do you know this isn't feelings because of the baby?"

His hands cup my face, making me look up at him. "You can think I'm exaggerating, but I've never met anyone like you. The women I met aren't even half as thoughtful, goal driven, spirited, or as bright as you."

His description makes my heart swell. I could disagree with a lot of those words, but instead I keep my argument to myself. I play it off, raising a brow. "You think too highly of me...surely those women are more put together than I am."