Bad People

By now the whole job knew I was pregnant. As much as I was favored around here, I was very private about my personal business.

They couldn't tell you my relationship status or even how many siblings I had.

I walked into Charlotte's office and hid something behind my back. "What are you doing?" She asked when I kept looking back at the door.

Very smoothly, hence my sarcasm, I took the invitation and slid it across her desk, looking everywhere but at her. My teeth dug into my lip.

"You are ridiculous," she snatched the card and laughed. "A gender reveal? You find out the gender already?"

"Yep, it's at my baby daddy's hotel," I sit on her desk and cross my ankles. Charlotte wrinkles her nose with a crooked smile at my rich-girl voice.

Warren approved of us being able to hold the gender reveal at the hotel, Josie says. Sierra got right on making invitations when Josie said she could have it ready by March 3rd, which is in two weeks from today.

"What do you think it is?" Char looks at the invitation.

"I think it's a boy...Warren thinks it's a girl," I say, "and I want to switch it up. Instead of pink and blue, gold will be for the girl, and white for the boy. But I might wear nude or something. Want to go dress shopping with Sierra, Remi, and his mom?"

"Can we detour to get me some shoes?" She points her pen at me.

"Sure," I say like that wouldn't be obvious, "what color will you wear to the gender reveal?"

"You're having a gender reveal?" Tommy walks in. "Where is my invitation?"

I thought I would have ran Tommy off by now when he found out I was pregnant. We had grown close with each other, and while he was here, him, Char, and I had become a little trio. Not even a week ago I had vaguely explained the situation with Warren, subtly making it clear that I was available. He congratulated me, and every now and then he still makes his flirty, playful comments.

"You'd want to come to something like that?" I stifle my laughter.

"Duh, why not," he scoffed, "I thought we were better than that, Sonny."

"My bad," I toss my hands up, "I'll get you a invitation."

"You going to wear gold, for a girl, or white, for a boy?" Char asked.

"Honestly, it depends on what color my closet holds the most of," he scratches his head.

Char laughs. "What's Warren wearing?"

"Hell if I know. He doesn't get into all the planning and stuff," I shrug.

"Is he helping at all?" Tommy squints on eye.

"Of course," I say, "but he's busy with work and-"

"How is he going to have a baby and always be busy?" Tommy scoffs.

"Careful, Thomas," Char rests her chin in her hand, "your jealousy is showing."

I smirk at him as he grows defensive. "I'm not jealous, they're not even together. I'm just sayin'," he leans back in the chair, "he better start learning to take some type of time off."

Getting off of Char's desk, I grab his shoulder, giving him a small squeeze. "He's helping in his own way, plus he's a business man with several long to-do lists. Cut him some slack."

The conversation from last week pops up in my head, making my smile twitch as I walk out the office. I bump into someone and papers fly everywhere.

"Ugh!" I recognize that nastily voice that I dread so much.