Chapter 1💕

Athena's pov

BEEP...BEEP...BE- I smacked my alarm so hard that it finally turned off after the third try.

I sighed and sat up in my bed, I looked around my room for a second, letting my vision clear up from its foggy state.

My bedroom was plain just white walls with a small butterfly painting hung by my door and a small bookshelf full of books and candles.

I slowly swung my legs out of my bed and I groaned as my feet hit the cold hardwood floor. I quickly pulled on my duck socks, feeling the warmth for a few seconds before getting up and running to the bathroom.

Once I did my business and brushed my teeth and I dragged myself out of my bathroom. I am really not a morning person. I hate mornings, so why not just wait till ten to wake up and deal with the world?

I threw on a baggy grey shirt that was probably my dad's but oh well my dad's clothes are better than mine, and some black skinny jeans that hugged my thighs in a snug grip.

On my way out of my room, I grabbed my black vans and a new pair of socks along with my old black backpack that I have had for over 5 years.

I slowly walked down the stairs, holding onto the side wall for support to keep myself upright, my legs didn't start working till midday so I suffer in the mornings.

Once I reached the kitchen I heard my dad humming a slow song. I turned the corner to see him cooking and dancing with a spatula. "There is something on your mind, really dad? In the morning?" I asked while groaning from the loud noise.

He spun around quickly and grabbed my arms and pulled me into his chest. "Well good morning to you to butterfly!" I laughed and smacked his chest lightly.

He let me go and gave me a quick kiss on my forehead. "I made breakfast so go sit and stop groaning would you?" I mumbled a few disapproving words and walked out of the kitchen.

I was sitting in the dining room reading on my phone when it was snatched out of my hands. I looked up at my dad who held my phone in his big hands. "Dad, give it back, please? I was reading a new book." I tried to grab my phone but he put it up higher and set a plate of food down in front of me.

He looked down at my phone and smiled. "He spun her around the dance floor as she laughed into his sho-" I quickly grabbed my phone out of his hands and hid it in my backpack.

He laughed as I pouted while looking down at my lap. "Oh okay, I'm sorry butterfly, please don't be mad at me?" He asked making me look up to see his tattooed hand cover mine.

I traced his tattoos and then looked up. "I want a tattoo. And of course, I forgive you, you know I can't be mad at you for too long." I smiled as he shook his head.

"You are too kind for this world my little Athena." He tapped my head and then sat down and started eating his food while holding an old-looking book in his left hand.

After we both finished our food I walked back to the kitchen with both of our plates and put them in the sink to wash them later.

I bent down to tie my shoe when I heard my dad singing again, his deep voice sounded like an angel as he hummed a few of the starting lines of the song.