Chapter 3💕

Athena's pov

1 full year later...I was sitting in my jail cell after killing a squirrel...' Locked up' by Akon was playing on the loudspeaker in my mind as I sat thinking of my life.

I heard my jail cell open and heard a distant voice call out for me "Athena Grace Hart, stop acting like you are in prison and get ready for school." I looked over to see a guard by my cell door.

I got up and got dressed in the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and did my hair in a quick bun. I pulled on my dark blue baggy pants with a black tank top and threw a grey hoodie over my head.

I left my cell after grabbing my black vans and my backpack. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to see the guard cooking something while humming a song.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed water, the guard heard my noise and turned around. "Butterfly it has been a day, do you really still think I'm a prison guard?" Oh my god, it's my dad.

I snapped back to reality and saw my dad chuckling while pointing a spoon at me. "Dad..? Is-is that you?" I spoke softly and put my hand out to see if he would disappear.

I 'accidentally' punched his stomach lightly and looked up in shock. "Oh my god, dad!" I instantly threw my arms around his waist and hugged him.

Oh, how I missed him! He chuckled and pulled away. "Tell me why you treated me like a guard." He asked with a soft and warm smile.

I looked down and started biting my cheek. "You called me my actual name...and you never call me that unless you hate me." I felt like a baby so I held the tears in my eyes.

His face fell and he pulled me to his chest. "Oh, my little butterfly I could never hate you. I was just disappointed in your actions." I smiled into his chest and I felt him rub my back.

I pulled away and grabbed a piece of bacon and ran out of the kitchen. I heard him yell that I shouldn't run in the house.

After eating a small breakfast and brushing my teeth again I got into my dad's black SUV.

I was looking out the window as I watched the trees pass by. I was listening to 'Solitude' by Billie holiday on the car radio while tapping on the window.

Once I said goodbye to my dad I walked into the school. I heard footsteps behind me so I turned expecting it to be Amirah.

It wasn't Amirah! It was Dani. I didn't really have to lift my head up since he is only a few inches taller than me.

I smiled at him and he smiled at me. "So I was just wondering if you had a phone..or maybe we could hang out sometime?" He seemed nervous and I didn't want to crush his spirit.

I faked a smile and decided to just go for it. "My dad kind of took my phone so I don't have it right now. But I can hang out maybe next week or tomorrow?" It was Monday and my dad said this morning that I can leave the house tomorrow.

I had to beg him for it but he just said don't be stupid and I'm not so...it should be fine I hope.

He smiled and nodded his head. "Tomorrow, I can do that...where should I pick you up?" I thought about it for a second before making a good time in my head.